first "official" EARFORCE two clip (LSD Drums)

Lasse Lammert

HCAF Blitzkrieg
Feb 12, 2009
www.lasselammert.com
Hey...I'm just creating some samples for the Earforce page....
The samples will be Mesa cab, Marshall cab, Earforce cab, passive and active pups.

this one is ESP Eclipse (EMG 81) into Mesa cab, mic'd with a single sm57.

tell me what you think

(Drums are my samples btw)...wish the bass had new strings....well, this clip was made for the guitar sound, not bass sound anyway.

Earforce Two Heavy Modern Active (Mesa)

Yeah, it's really just a minor detail. The base tone is one of the fattest I've heard and the amp really seems to have a unique character. Usually when a small boutique company starts making hi-gain metal amps, they sound like a constipated deer trying to fart without the other forest critters noticing, but not this amp.

The guitar tone really reminds me of Megadeth Endgame. It's got that bright, grainy sound, really really nice. A little harsh though, and perhaps a touch cloudy. I'd fiddle around with some EQ in the mids and around 4-5k.

If this is just for the guitars then ignore this, but I think the cymbals are quite piercing (especially that crash on the left), and the snare seems somewhat distant (although this may be the fault of the guitars as mentioned above) and some hits don't seem to be as hard. I guess its more human like that but it kinda annoys me.

*bump*
can't be true that people post 6 pages when a new ampsim is out, and don't comment on this tone o_O

It's always like this..... a preset? 2000 visits and 20 pages of comments..... you post a real miced sound, and very often no one comments.

Anyway very cool tone Lasse! I'm waiting the other samples

Just loving it, the only problem I'm having with those awesome Earforce Amps is
that I am just broke as fuck so there's no way I could buy one!

Was able to play through one a few weeks ago and it was really great, one of the
few amps that didn't need a boost to suit my style and at the same time it sounded
great with everybody else who played through it.

Yeah..sounds tasty as hell....makes me thinking about selling my krank + recto again...hm......

There's something about it I don't like but I can't place my finger on it...

It does sound fucking huge, though.

God .... I need to find a way to justify dropping that much on an amp. Im considering do it on a camera ... maybe I need to make a swap from camera to amp .... hmmm

By the way, if you US guys order something from the EU, do you have to pay some sort of customs or taxes? I've always wondered if it's as expensive for you as it is the other way around.