First Post

stilllifer

Dec 11, 2008
Hey everyone... this is my first post in this thread... wanted to get some feedback on this mix... no vox...

Guitars: Dual tracked (pan full left and right)
Strat w/Lace Sensors > Toneport > record clean guitars > TSS > AcmeBarGig C-15 > Boogex (Alu's Marshall 1960 V30 SM57 and Brohymn 6 impulses) > ReaEQ (HP around 100Hz, LP @ 20kHz)

Bass: Squire P-bass > Toneport (w/comp) > ReaEQ (HP @ 40Hz, LP around 10kHz)

Drums: Addictive Drums

Any feedback would be appreciated!!!

Cheers!

Geoff

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/2816313/newdropdmixtestmixdown1.mp3

I would like some more gain and a bit less mids on those guitars. You may want to eq before the VST amp a bit. Also, lose the reverb on the guitars.

The guitars could also go down in the mix compared to everything else. I want some more power from those drums.

The mix definitely isn't bad.

The bass needs compression, a lot of it. It's really loud in some parts and almost silent in others.

Start there and get back to us.

I would like some more gain and a bit less mids on those guitars. You may want to eq before the VST amp a bit. Also, lose the reverb on the guitars.

The guitars could also go down in the mix compared to everything else. I want some more power from those drums.

The mix definitely isn't bad.

The bass needs compression, a lot of it. It's really loud in some parts and almost silent in others.

Start there and get back to us.

Wow - that was quick!!! :loco: Thanks a lot for the feedback... can u suggest anything to get more power out of the drums?

Cheers!

Dude that made my day man...!!

I agree with lolzgreg in the mid on the guitars, However, It appears as mid, but what I think it actually is is the drive color in the drive amp. So perhaps bring that down a little and that will probably do it. However one thing to note, the Higher frequencies will also become more prevalent then, so you'll have to roll them back a little as well once you adjust the drive color..

Either way man sounds great!
KM

Dude that made my day man...!!

I agree with lolzgreg in the mid on the guitars, However, It appears as mid, but what I think it actually is is the drive color in the drive amp. So perhaps bring that down a little and that will probably do it. However one thing to note, the Higher frequencies will also become more prevalent then, so you'll have to roll them back a little as well once you adjust the drive color..

Either way man sounds great!
KM

Thanks Ken... I'm loving the C-15 man - I know you aren't putting anymore amp heads out but this one sounds fantastic!!!
I'll check the drive colour - maybe selecting a different one will fix the "mids" issue. I think I'm using Cyan right now but not 100% sure.

Cheers! :headbang:

More gain on the guitars, still. Drive the front end of the sim with something like TSS Secret.

Weird - I already have the TSS in front of the amp sim... I believe the drive is way, way down on the TSS though... will try cranking that up.

Thanks man!!!

Yeah I think that hit the mark man...

LOLZ

Can you send me a clip of an "A" chord from the JC120..Chorus on and one with Chorus off. Just a single strike letting the guitar chord fade..
KM

Yeah I think that hit the mark man...

LOLZ

Can you send me a clip of an "A" chord from the JC120..Chorus on and one with Chorus off. Just a single strike letting the guitar chord fade..
KM

Sure man but which of your amps is the JC120?

It's getting there. I think your playing of the particular is a big part of it as well.

This mix is getting there. Try to record a new diddy and we'll check that one out for you.

-Greg