First quick test with the Peavey Rockmaster

So, I got my Rockmaster today (thanks, Jevil! :)) and did a really quick test clip: http://www.tainted-studio.com/misc/RockMaster1.mp3

I think I went for a bit too scooped sound, and the preamp would really benefit from a Tubescreamer, but other than that, this unit seems to have shitloads of potential. The recording chain was as follows:

LTD EC-400 w/ 81 on the bridge -> RockMaster Ultra channel -> Profire2626 -> Revalver MKIII with the 5150 power amp (though that didn't make much difference in the end) and RiR for impulses.

Hey Jarkko, pretty cool man; I agree about it being a bit too scooped, but it definitely has the Peavey sound (for better or for worse :D), and as you say, potential indeed! Gotta say, though, the ring of that snare is rubbing me the wrong way (especially on the 16th note fills :erk: )

Hey Jarkko, pretty cool man; I agree about it being a bit too scooped, but it definitely has the Peavey sound (for better or for worse :D), and as you say, potential indeed! Gotta say, though, the ring of that snare is rubbing me the wrong way (especially on the 16th note fills :erk: )

Haha, don't worry, I didn't pay attention to anything besides the guitar tone :) Shit, I gotta get a DIY tubescreamer now, and I'm already completely broke :D

Cool! I always liked this preamp... a friend of mine had one several years ago. I dig the very "dry" character. Well done and congrats! I'm curious what you achive when you take the time to explore the possibilities.

Thats very nice tone you got there :) I wouldn't change anything appart from the previously mentioned mids.

Joe