First RE-AMP with my 5150II

RichMinerva

New Metal Member
Jul 27, 2009
any advice would be amazing

only post processing is a touch of eq and a limiter.

single 57 on harley benton vintage v30's centered edge of cone :)

Link removed as it's taking away peoples concentration on the real re-amps

Hmm, sounds a touch odd to me. I know the Benton does all kinds of weird stuff in the mids, but maybe just try to get a fuller tone with mic positioning. What kind of settings are you running?

@Ola: I found the trick was to never have the mids above 1! The 6505+ was actually great because unlike the original it's possible to tame the crazy low-mids without post EQ.

interesting! the peavey 5150 II is actually my next amp video victim...
Sounds kinda muddy but it still sounds tight(probably due to the heavy editing/gating)

I like it, good job!

yeah i ended up making a bit of a mess of the di's haha, im just completely redo-ing everything atm with the rose of sharryn di's of jeffs.

god bless those di's

but thanks for the kind words ola :)

well here's my second attempt this is solely raw mic clips no post processing WHATSOEVER

different mic positions, about 2 and a half inches off the grill.

Left speaker inside cone.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3320336/left speaker inside cone.mp3

left speaker outside cone.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3320336/left speaker outside cone.mp3

right speaker inside cone.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3320336/right speaker inside cone.mp3

right speaker outside cone.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3320336/RIGHT SPEAKER outside cone.mp3

i dont know which one is more pleasing to your ears because mine are completely shot at the moment but im trying to steer away from ampsims atm and make do with what little i have.

any advice?

Hmm, sounds a touch odd to me. I know the Benton does all kinds of weird stuff in the mids, but maybe just try to get a fuller tone with mic positioning. What kind of settings are you running?

@Ola: I found the trick was to never have the mids above 1! The 6505+ was actually great because unlike the original it's possible to tame the crazy low-mids without post EQ.

hey ermz my settings are,

pre - 5

low - 10

mid - 3

high - 5

res - 8

pres - 7

boosted using a maxon od808

od - 9 oclock

tone - 11

balance - 12

It's not bad but the 5150 II can sounds much better. You can use the mids also at 6 or 7.
I personally like the II more that the I...it's a little more fizzy but it's more open in the bass range
Listening the last samples, that amp seems biased really cold. I've mine with the bias pot maxed and it's much more fuller.

It's not bad but the 5150 II can sounds much better. You can use the mids also at 6 or 7.
I personally like the II more that the I...it's a little more fizzy but it's more open in the bass range
Listening the last samples, that amp seems biased really cold. I've mine with the bias pot maxed and it's much more fuller.

apparantly when i took it to be serviced i asked him to turn the bias up a few milliamps....this work has clearly not been carried out haha, i noticed how little gain it seemed to have even when cranked

hmm :/

This guitar sounds is very strange to me. I don't even think I could make my 6505+ sound like that if I tried to.

It seems like it would be a good tone for a weird interlude part in a song and then morphing into a more full range sound. Not sure I can hang with it for an entire song/album though.

The demo I'm doing a video for now with the 5150ii has Low Mid High all at noon :D

In fact Ola....when I use it with the mids at 1 or 2, it sounds very empty. It's good for something very scooped like old schoold thrash ala Black Album, or some "Demanufacture" riffing.
Actually I use the mids from 4 to 7

In fact Ola....when I use it with the mids at 1 or 2, it sounds very empty. It's good for something very scooped like old schoold thrash ala Black Album, or some "Demanufacture" riffing.
Actually I use the mids from 4 to 7

cool, yeah I recalled using the same range when I had my 5150 back in the days.

well I'm VERY pleased with the outcome of the video I'm making with the noon settings. Can't wait to show you guys...

cool, yeah I recalled using the same range when I had my 5150 back in the days.

well I'm VERY pleased with the outcome of the video I'm making with the noon settings. Can't wait to show you guys...

If you have any tips ola PLEASE PLEASE OLEASE! pm me :)