First State Force For Progpower!!!

Braxil

Nov 5, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
As you all probably know, Matt Barlow is no longer with Iced Earth and now has a new band called First State Force. Now they don't have any sound samples or anything like that on their website (and did not respond when asked for some by e-mail either! :(), so unfortunately we can only speculate as to what they sound like, but I'm pretty sure it can't be too different from Iced Earth.

There, obviously, are going to be some subtle changes, as First State Force has a slightly different lineup than Iced Earth. My guess is that the sax and trumpets replace the choirs on songs like Angels Holocaust and The Coming Curse, but they could be on other songs too, who knows. If I had to put money on it, I'd say out of the three vocalists aside from Barlow, Donna Haines probably is the one who fills in Schaffer's backing vocals, and probably lead vocals on Stormrider too.

I can't find any information on what songs they play, but photographic evidence of brutal moshes indicates that Violate is most probably still present on their setlist in addition, of course, to the repertoire of undoubtedly awesome thrashers these guys have probably written since the band's inception.

Anyways, who wants to join me in saying these guys would be a great addition to a future PP? :headbang:

firstateforce.gif

I would absolutely love to know how the conversation went when they started the band and were looking for members.

"Ok we got two drummers, two guitarists, two sax players, a bassist, and a bunch of backup vocalists but we need someone to do lead vocals. Who's up for it?"

"Uhh I can do vocals"

"Matt? *You* sing? What's your experience?"

**Pauses, shrugs and then hands over a copy of 'The Dark Saga'**

I can hear Matt Barlow now: "I became a cop because I was tired of the Rock Star scene, and now you guys want me to go back?":loco:

Guys, Matt is a police officer in Georgetown Delaware. As most of you know Delaware is a very small state. The First State Band is a group of police officers from all over the state. They perform mainly for school children to help promote safety and such things. They do not perform any form of metal music. So don't even think of asking them to perform. Besides that would be out of the question for them. Hope this helps clear up any issues there.

Guys, Matt is a police officer in Georgetown Delaware. As most of you know Delaware is a very small state. The First State Band is a group of police officers from all over the state. They perform mainly for school children to help promote safety and such things. They do not perform any form of metal music. So don't even think of asking them to perform. Besides that would be out of the question for them. Hope this helps clear up any issues there.

I think you need to get your sarcasm detector checked, because it seems to be broken.

The First State Band is a group of police officers from all over the state. They perform mainly for school children to help promote safety and such things.

I think I could listen to Matt sing just about anything ......but I have to admit that picturing him doing this after seeing him sing Pure Evil is making me chuckle a little.

duh.jpg

Where was it you graduated from? The University of DUH?!