First Strike Still Deadly opinions

I said Apocalyptic City was one of my 2 least favorite tracks on The Legacy, I never said I didnt like it. On any other TestAmenT record, I might think differently, but The Legacy is chock full of brutality!
Its a good song, and so is The Haunting (especially on FSSD!!!!!)

so anybody miss the intro to Disiples of the Watch... i know every time i hear that song i miss that cool intro... i just gobble stuff like that up...

(like the Intro To Apocalpytic City) :D :lol:

:eek: oh and sorry for missunderstanding what u ment sir :) :)

but i still think A. City is the second best song on Legacy

am i the only one?

Hey NecromancerAlpha, no problem at all. I just wanted to clarify what I meant ;)
I dont miss the intro to Disciples at all, but I remember someone else here saying they did.
I have an old TestAmenT mix I made several years ago and I had chopped it off when I recorded Disciples on it.

:eek: no way you really choped it off :eek:

humm, i dunno i like all the intros and soft spots on The New Order, hypnosis and musical death, really make the album sound more epical as a whole, and i like it when bands end an album with a sort of soft song... dunno it sorta made it sound metallica'ish to me (but in a good way ;)

(sorry for that comparison its really not far to testament, there nothing the same really.)

well glad somone at least liked that intro ;)

btw i still wish Hammer Of The Gods was on my The Gathering cd... i think that song makes the album even more jaw dropping :D

Overall i gotta admit i never was looking forward to First Strike but once i heard it i gotta say i enjoy it and still listen to it regularly, i think i still listen to The Gathering more... but hell... thats the best cd i own :D

i like Tempesta.... but anyone else wonder what the gathering would have sounded like with dave lombardo? hehe

I think its good, but compare to the originalls it suck!
I was realy looking forward too hearing the new-recorded songs, but I was a bit dissapointed. The feeling you get from the old records is gone. But still its very fresh to hear them re-recorded :)

I know one thing...i love the FSSD so much that i found myself listen to it more then the originals...

Last year i did a Tattoo of Testament on my arm.
it's the testament logo of the new order.
damn i love Testament!!!!!

if i was into tattoos id probably get a TestAmenT one...
seeing as a cannibal corpse tattoo is rather hard to explain ;)

hhehe well testament remains my favorite band thats still in existance

I think that the First Strike KICKS ASS, even with a lower tuning, and a diferent voice of Chuck, I'd prefer alone in the dark, faster, and with Chuck's voice......
Burnt Offerings, Into The Pit, First Strike Is Deadly.....my favorites in this album
oh, Almost forgot....
Apocaliptic City too!!! TESTAMENT FOREVER

Although I enjoyed/enjoy this release (it's Testament), I'm disappointed in just about every way.

The slower tempos kill everything. All the primal, youthful intensity that made those early records so great is gone. The sterile, cold production doesn't help.

From an instrumental perspective, Tempesta is mediocre at best on drums. His performance on Low was fucking excellent, and whether it was his choice or Eric's to simplify things, it sounds barely, if at all, better than Louie's original drum tracks. The guitar work is fine, although the chugga-chugga sound (production again) hurts. Skolnick's solos are tasteful and well-done. The bass playing is also excellent, but, go figure, it's buried in the mix.

Chuck sounds strong as ever. I wouldn't mind hearing some of those Legacy-styled screams again, but Chuck is my favorite vocalist ever and nothing will change that. Zetro is retro, but not a very good vocalist, as someone already said.

They chopped the intro from "Disciples Of The Watch". :mad:

DEADLY EMBRACE says Testament chose what they wanted to do. Then why promote it by saying "the fans wanted to hear...", "we did this for them...", etc etc. When the tracklisting is only decent, I would've been far happier seeing them work on new material.

Not to mention this revolving door drum throne shit. Eric must be taking the Cradle Of Filth/Norwegian black metal influences beyond the music, as the constant changing of band members only hurts this band. I'm happy with DiGiorgio, but when you get Dave Lombardo on your album, make fucking sure he stays in the band. He makes any album better. And don't get me started on Dragonlord...

I love Testament, and they will forever be one of my favorite bands. But loving a band is accepting their faults, and that's how I feel about this band. Chuck and Eric could go through ten more drummers, and I'd still buy all of their albums on the first day of release. Like any diehard fan, I have my criticisms and opinions, and I'm sorry if I've been so blunt. Then again, not really.

<anxiously awaiting the new album>

I'm really sorry I have to say this.. but i dont like this album... The original songs sound so much more fresh and sharp! I was really looking forward to this album. I remember the day I read about the idea to re-record the old stuff and I had something like: WOOOOW!!! this is gonna be great!! :headbang: Hearing those great songs in a better production!! But I just dont like the results:( It sounds uninspired :( I really regret that, because Testament was completely back in business with their last couple of records.