First test of my voice !

LeSedna

Mat or Mateo
Jan 20, 2008
Montpellier, France
Hello guys !

Today I used my Sm58 not for my band but... for my voice !

I've been trying to sing for some time, because I really want to have a personnal project that I can manage as I want besides my first band. And I already could do everything but the voice. Since, I try to sing/growl/etc when I'm alone, in the car for example. Now I think it's "listenable". So what do you think of it, objectively ?

I'm bad at growling the death way. I don't know if it's about technique but anyhow I growl, it nevers gets low as a good death growl. I feel better trying to sing high, the black way, or thrash. Today I tried sort of a thrash voice, a bit like Annihilator when Waters is drunk, at 6am after a party having smoked and tired because sick. But that's my first try ! I also tried some harmony (5 voices). I know it's not perfect but it was all a one shot just to try.

So here's the link : http://dl.free.fr/r0XjF2DUd :headbang:

mmmm, sounds to me like you're trying to imitate a style of singing and its not working very much :p. Find your own voice and it will feel much more natural.

Well maybe it's what it seems but this voice is the one I feel the most OK with, and I really don't try to imitate anyone that's for sure. I've tried many types of singing, to imitate some styles (I'd kill to have Tagtgren's voice...) but this one is the less horrible I can do, and I can do it with no effort. As I'm starting I don't know if it's the most natural I can achieve though.