First time for me with real drums ...

OK, I just saw this as I was getting ready to leave...But, I did 100% replacement using Andy's snare. My goal was just to give you a cleaner snare track to sample using aptrigga or whatever. I didn't mess with levels or anything, and the performance is very uneven! I'd probably cut the track up and level it that way or compress or something to even it out. Either way, this track could be used to find a sample you like and blend it with the live track.

http://geetarguy.tripod.com/snare.zip

Hey Nate ... I get an Error-Message

Besides ... I get three or four more songs the next days (did I say the guys are lazy bastards?) and so every snare-track would have to be edited. I guess I need to get the snare "as right as possible" on my own. What did you do to the original track? Any certain Noise-Gate-Setting or something?

Any other suggestions on the mix so far? I'll get the bass today - pretty exiting :D

P. S.: Thanks Unavailable ... ;)

doh, changed the link, it's good now.

But, yeah, with more tracks to go, it's going to be tough.

For me, the track triggered pretty easily using drumagog. I just isolated the rolls and moved them to another track setup with drumagog with a higher sensitivity. You could automate it, instead, but this way was fastest.

pretty simple.

Advanced triggering selected, sensitivity for the regular snare hits was something like 13 or 14.

For the rolls, since they are so soft, I moved them to another track with drumagog set the same, (advanced trgigering) and set the sensitivity to something like 45.

Just to tell you how bad/weak and uneven that snare track is, I've never had the sensitivity on Drumagog higher than 10 on any other recording, personally.

Wow.

Haha ... gotta punch the drummer for that :D

Dude, thank you very much - gotta mess around with that drumagog-demo and apTrigga to get the rest of the songs right.

Yeah well I can hear why they like the snare. It's pretty popular live to have that kind of sound (going off the raw sound) in this genre. Last time Cannae was in town there sound was pretty close to that. The problem lies with bands ignorance of what does or doesn't sound good in the studio.

This snare is fine for the genre even though it doesn't sound desirable to most on this forum. You last mix with it sounded okay but it needed more body (witch is probaby difficult with that snare).

I am gonna do a breif mix on just that snare this afternoon just to check it out personally.