First Time you heard Wetwork???

I first heard them when i recieved Synod in the mail. I write for a webzine, and like i stated in my review, it was one of the few times that i got a disc from a band that i'd heard nothing about and was completely blown away.

I guess the first time I heard wetwork would have been about 3 years ago at the Dungeon in Oshawa. I was totally impressed with their unique brand of technical/evil mayhem. I look forward to hearing (and hopefully recording) their new material.:worship:

The first time I ever heard Wetwork was at a live show I attended with my girlfriend at a shitty club in Windsor, Ontario called "The Diesel" (sometime in 2003). I remember that my g/f (who is also a vocalist) was impressed that a chick could deliver metal as heavy as Doc/Kristen could (which was perfect because my g/f and I were 'new' and I was trying to 'introduce' her to metal at the time)!

I remember crossing paths with Bryan (guitars) in bars and at shows on several occasions in the short years afterwards where we would briefly 'talk shop'. Wetwork and I crossed paths again years later when Dan Hulse and I started talking music and got to know each other (late 2004) when he mentioned that he was recording their album and how heavy it was.

By the time that "Synod" was completed (spring 2005), Dan had committed himself as a member of Woods of Ypres. I was blown away when I first heard the album from beginning to end and I immediately knew that I would make my bid to release it on Krankenhaus. I wanted to make sure that an album this good saw the light of day and got the attention it deserved!

...and the rest, as they say, is blasphemy! :hotjump:

David Gold said:
The first time I ever heard Wetwork was at a live show I attended with my girlfriend at a shitty club in Windsor, Ontario called "The Diesel" (sometime in 2003). I remember that my g/f (who is also a vocalist) was impressed that a chick could deliver metal as heavy as Doc/Kristen could (which was perfect because my g/f and I were 'new' and I was trying to 'introduce' her to metal at the time)!

I remember crossing paths with Bryan (guitars) in bars and at shows on several occasions in the short years afterwards where we would briefly 'talk shop'. Wetwork and I crossed paths again years later when Dan Hulse and I started talking music and got to know each other (late 2004) when he mentioned that he was recording their album and how heavy it was.

By the time that "Synod" was completed (spring 2005), Dan had committed himself as a member of Woods of Ypres. I was blown away when I first heard the album from beginning to end and I immediately knew that I would make my bid to release it on Krankenhaus. I wanted to make sure that an album this good saw the light of day and got the attention it deserved!

...and the rest, as they say, is blasphemy! :hotjump:

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!:headbang:

I saw them playing a show in Toronto back in 2002, I think it was with Arch Enemy and God Forbid?? Wetwork totally smoked and so after the show, I went over and harassed Bryan and Doc... years later, they still can't get rid of me... heh heh.

David sent me their promo for Synod and it totally blew me away..my 2nd favorite album of 2005 (if Woods had not re-released Against the Seasons it would have been #1) In addition to playing them on my radio show a fair bit, I was happy to be able to review Synod for the Metal Observer. Can't wait for the new stuff!

Im a huge fan of Woods of Ypres, and sort of checked out Wetwork because of their association to Woods, heard a couple songs on myspace, and i just got the album, and its pretty good! Great vocals, an excellent snarly quality to them.