First Borknagar material you heard

Guimallish said:
Hmmmmm
The first song I heard from Borknagar was The Genuine Pulse.. in 2001, I got fan and then I went to buy all their stuff.
Cheers.
Same here although I haven't got the first album. GP was on a Terrorizer magazine sampler and of course I was a Vintersorg fan before that

Had a very nice introduction to Borknagar:

Colossus and Oceans Rise. I remember the first time I listened to Colossus - it was like a mental orgasm. Brilliant. :)

It was in the summer of 2002. I bought "Empiricism", "Quintessence" and "The Archaic Course" shortly after downloading those two songs.

Some friends were listening to some music at their house and one of them calls me up and says "Dude you have GOT to hear this." He knew I would love this band cause of my musical tastes and he played some borknagar through the phone (i think it was "ad noctum") It was awesome and I hurried my ass over there to listen to it right. I have been hooked ever since, easily one of my favorite bands of all times.

And I bought Metal Hammer and there was Ad Noctum. I heard it, I liked it, so I bought it :) Well, I had bought Empiricism, but a few days later I bought also Archaic Course.

well... kinda different from the rest...

I saw them live when they were the opening band for Cradle of Filth on a Gothic/Black Metal festival tour in .....aahm I think it was 1999.
It was with Vortex singing and playing Bass.... They struck me and I decided to buy both "the Archaic Course" as "the Olden Domain" cd at the stand right after the show.... :headbang:..

it was the most wierd story:

my friend travelled on train with a Pantera T-shirt, some guy noticed that and asked if he likes metal, my friend said yes and the man gave him like.....10 cd's full of mp3's. we 14 year old's didnt like borknagar at first...i just liked Winter-Millenium, so i saved this song to the PC and listend to it in loop for days. (i also liked Witching Hour.....) 3 yrs later i bought Quintessence just coz i had some money and i dunno...divine intervention???

:confused:

(yes, im 17 yrs old now)

Hello I'm new to this board.

Last year a friend made me a compilation tape with some songs from his favorite bands for me to check out, and mailed it to me. (We're old fashioned this way, I know, but it's kinda fun.) He put Rivalry of Phantoms on there and I liked it, so I put Borknagar on my mental "to buy" list. Of course I have about a hundred other bands on that list already so uh, well...It took me until a couple of weeks ago to actually order anything from them. *hangs head in shame*

I'm already a Vintersorg fan so I decided to order Empircism first and I just got it a few days ago. I love it and now I MUST get the rest of the albums! (soon very soon)

:D :headbang:

I remember the first time ever that I had listened to Borknagar. I had made a mix of black metal songs recorded on cassette <- LOL - anyway, the first song I heard of theirs was Vintervredets Sjelesagn - and I though holy shit this is awesome!!!!

1999... I bought Rotting Christ, Sleep of the Angels, and for some reason it came with a promotional disc with all these bands I don't remember.

Among the songs was, though, Ocean's Rise. I was like, listening to all this mediocre stuff and then... wham. Who the fuck is this band? Went to the record store, saw Quintessence and Archaic Course, rest is 11 years of metal awesomeness.