Borknagar: For the Elements (1996-2006)

I saw it at a local CD store last weekend. Going to buy it tomorrow. I'm sure it will be there, most people here would be like "Borknagar? WTF is that?"

Got mine a couple days ago, I love it although it's all comments from Oystein... which is cool but I thought it'd be little vignettes from all the members.

I'm not new to the band but I bought it anyway.
First, because it was very cheap, and also because it has a good tracklist, if I were to compile a full cd with Borknagar songs it wouldn't look very different.

Only for people new to the band.

The remastering barely changed the sound at all, even on the older songs.

Why is it all you do is bitch and moan now? I've seen you put down three projects relating to past/present Borknagar members in the last day or two. Regarding the CD, no one forced you to buy it, and despite what you think, a lot of people who DID buy it enjoyed it and didn't find it 'a waste of money'. Ebay your copy and get on with your life my good sir.

Greatest hits aren't usually for older fans to hear something new. I really don't know what you were expecting.

Exactly. :lol: Would have been cool to have a cover added or something new but I'm not complaining.

I'm not new to the band but I bought it anyway.
First, because it was very cheap, and also because it has a good tracklist, if I were to compile a full cd with Borknagar songs it wouldn't look very different.

I'm a completionist, too, but I'd like something a little more than just a best-of compilation.

Greatest hits aren't usually for older fans to hear something new. I really don't know what you were expecting.

I was expecting a much different sound, but the remastering was minimal. And I only tend to listen to full albums at this point.

Why is it all you do is bitch and moan now? I've seen you put down three projects relating to past/present Borknagar members in the last day or two.

I don't like Solefald; I don't have to. I don't think Sideshow Symphonies was Arcturus' best; I don't have to. I think Cronian are mediocre; I'm not the only Borknagar fan to think that way.

Don't be a hypocrite by bitching about people's opinions, since that's what we're here for, to share opinions.

Most fans of earlier Borknagar don't even bother coming to this forum because they're sick of everybody fellating all the band's current side-projects.

I don't like Solefald; I don't have to. I don't think Sideshow Symphonies was Arcturus' best; I don't have to. I think Cronian are mediocre; I'm not the only Borknagar fan to think that way.

Don't be a hypocrite by bitching about people's opinions, since that's what we're here for, to share opinions.

Most fans of earlier Borknagar don't even bother coming to this forum because they're sick of everybody fellating all the band's current side-projects.

I never said you had to like them, but have some respect, you can share your opinion on the things you don't like without being ignorant. People like Oystein work hard on their music, and while they probably expect not everyone will like it, they shouldn't have to hear some moron saying they only made one good song on a forum they paid for. It boils down to respect. If you disagree with me on this point than clearly you're not as bright as I thought you were.

Again, Zephyrus is right.

Colossal waste of money. "Remastering", was a joke. If someones new to the band, you don't try to get them into Borknagar by opening the cd with fucking Dauden.

They should have at least included a bonus dvd with some of that rare footage that they'll probably never release.

Again, Zephyrus is right.

Colossal waste of money. "Remastering", was a joke. If someones new to the band, you don't try to get them into Borknagar by opening the cd with fucking Dauden.
What're you talking about, it's not like Dauden is inaccessible. :lol:

You're all crazy in fairness, when I heard there was going to be a best of I just thought "Grand nothing new for the current fans."
Suddenly everyone is giving out about it like they were expecting to get something new. I'm sure if it was going to be of interest to the current fans, the band themselves might have said something