Borknagar: For the Elements (1996-2006)

I ordered the CD today, I'll get it in 4 - 10 days. Please, don't put pictures of the booklet or anything directly into the forum, put links instead. I don't want to be spoiled. :p

^ :lol:

"I thought it was a troll!
No, it was Simen"!

o_O :lol:

Anyway, I remember that one time I was peeing in the forests of Bergen, and I'm pretty sure I saw a troll (he/she/it just ran by in front of me!). The damn bastard stole my gloves anyhow :cry: . They were really expensive you know? Ah well at least I got to see a troll :) .

Back to the cd, I just listened to it and I must admit I'm quite disappointed. I made the review and gave it 70/100.

Does the band get money for this release? If they don't I might consider not buying it.

I don't have much money right now and Sodom is coming here, so if I buy it it'd be 'til November or later.

Cheers! :kickass:

At Defiance: Are you serious about seeing a troll? :lol: I remember reading an interview with Ulver in like 1996(i read it online, i was like 8 in 96 :lol:) and Garm said he can attest that trolls and things of Norwegian folklore do in fact exist though he wouldn't go into details. Yahoo search it, I'm sure you can find it. :p

He was either joking, lying or he's crazy. There's no such thing as 'trolls' just like there's no big foot or loch ness monster.

At Defiance: Are you serious about seeing a troll? :lol: I remember reading an interview with Ulver in like 1996(i read it online, i was like 8 in 96 :lol:) and Garm said he can attest that trolls and things of Norwegian folklore do in fact exist though he wouldn't go into details. Yahoo search it, I'm sure you can find it. :p

Well actually I'm quite serious about this. It was funny because I was just peeing there peacefully in the middle of the forest (with no one in sight), and this actually-quite-little thing guy (he/she/it) just ran by in front of me. So the funny thing was that, even though my gloves were securely put inside my jacket, when I got out of the forest I didn't have one. I went back to the exact same place, but the glove was nowhere to be found.

You can believe or not ('tis your choice), but it happened.

:lol:

At Defiance: I need to post that Ulver interview for you where Garm says he has saw the things you have.
I don't know, I'm just getting to the point where I almost have erased the possibilities of ghosts existing in my mind due to scientific explanations for apparitions and other things. Like the levels of electromagnetism in a room and someone with the correct physiology could see hallucinations of ghosts. also the notion of sound travelling throughout the universe could explain some unexplained noises in haunted places.

Does it matter? :saint:

Not really :heh: .

Oh what, I'd happily have the entire band naked plz.

ahem.

I was so waiting for this comment, what took you so long? :lol:

At Defiance: I need to post that Ulver interview for you where Garm says he has saw the things you have.
I don't know, I'm just getting to the point where I almost have erased the possibilities of ghosts existing in my mind due to scientific explanations for apparitions and other things. Like the levels of electromagnetism in a room and someone with the correct physiology could see hallucinations of ghosts. also the notion of sound travelling throughout the universe could explain some unexplained noises in haunted places.

Yeah, do post it!

Well, I remember that I once saw my dead grandpa's ghost starting to go up the stairs of my house. I also remember that I was pretty tired, so who knows maybe I just imagined him. However, I do remember that I started to sweat a lot and was really scared.

I believe that all those things like Trolls and Færies do exist, but since there are so many of us, they just don't come out anymore.

I also think that dragons did exist, there are too many cultures that mention them, so they can't just be something out of someone's head.

I found the Ulver interview that I was looking for. Enjoy! :)
http://www.angelfire.com/nh/carpathianwolves/ulver_inter01.htm

Interesting interview, Garm believes he saw the same thing you do. How do you believe in all these things and not break down and start believing in Christianity because of the fear of a judgemental God and Hell? That's one of the reasons I'm trying to get myself to not start believing in ghosts and supernatural things, because Ill get sucked in and end up believing in Christianity again because of fear, though I know that religion is very contradictory, and God in the bible isn't perfect by any means and acts like the people of the Middle East at that time, and a lot of the things about Jesus and Hell are stolen from Paganism and Zoroastrianism. No offense to Christians on this board.