Borknagar: For the Elements (1996-2006)

I have no complaints whatsoever about the band, its sound or the types of instruments used when recording. I think the last 3 albums have been solid (And obviously I love the previous 2 as well, not a big fan of the first two though), I'm not THAT big of a fan of Epic, but it's still a good album. I think the band has been progressing wonderfully over the years and I can't wait for the new album, especially since Oystein said there would be a return to the old sound. I can't wait to hear what you add to the album with your new basses Erik. Please, make sure Oystein bugs Simen though about that one song "My Domain". I guarantee the album will sell a lot better with that guest appearance, and it will also be an amazing collaboration! DO IT!

Oh c'mon, €10 isn't that bad, I've to pay about that (or more!) for every cd that I order from Europe.

Still, the damn European cds are always nicer and are certainly worth paying the excessive amount of shipping I have to pay.

I always have to pay the shipping to my P.O. box in the US, and then through a private company the shipping to Costa Rica.

Damn Costa Rican mail can't be trusted for imports :Smug: :erk: .

I might have considered it with a stronger track list, but it's very heavy on newer material- there are as many songs from Origin as there are from the entire Garm era. Also, only two from Quintessence, and one from Epic. I partly just think the newest stuff needs remastering the least, but it's just such an imbalanced mix.

The artwork is pretty though... I don't know, we need some B-sides or rare covers or something. :headbang: :lol:

I might have considered it with a stronger track list, but it's very heavy on newer material- there are as many songs from Origin as there are from the entire Garm era. Also, only two from Quintessence, and one from Epic. I partly just think the newest stuff needs remastering the least, but it's just such an imbalanced mix.

The artwork is pretty though... I don't know, we need some B-sides or rare covers or something. :headbang: :lol:

So do you already have it? If so, pics, pics! :Smokin:

I'll still buy it anyhow, just for the re-mastered versions of Quintessence.

And yeah, a disc full of B-Sides would be nice, maybe they'll release one with the new label :) .

So will this ever be available in Europe in the near future?

The European website of Century Media doesn't even have a mailorder.. and it doesn't say anything about "For The Elements". Is it a North American-only release???

So do you already have it? If so, pics, pics! :Smokin:

I'll still buy it anyhow, just for the re-mastered versions of Quintessence.

And yeah, a disc full of B-Sides would be nice, maybe they'll release one with the new label :) .

I just followed the link in the initial post, it's right there...

Megastore said:
The shipping cost is 10 euro for all destinations outside Sweden.

That's insane. I'll be ordering mine from Ebay (and from an American seller) and I'm certain that the whole thing will cost 10€ (CD + shipping included) if not less. I live in Europe, yet I buy all my CDs from USA nowadays, because it's simply so damn cheaper.

In fact, I just ordered a copy for just a bit under 8 € (shipping included).:) Will be my sixth Borknagar CD.

^ What you do really doesn't make sense to me you know? I always try to be European ver. of the cds because they're much nicer than the ones from the US. I know that for example a Slayer cd will be much expensive in Europe than in the US(I saw that when I went to Europe), mainly because the label is from the US so it'll cost more to take to Europe.

But again, European ver. of the cds are much prettier, so I really can't understand why a European would like to buy a US ver. of a cd. There are huge differences, e.g.: Germany = Digi-book, US = digi-pack. The printing is also different, the European one is of higher quality. Then again, Japanese ver. are always the best.

But oh well that's my opinion. Since you're buying from the US, I recommend you checking this store: http://theomegaorder.com/
They always have offer and lots of cds can be found at really cheap prices (e.g. Threshold "Dead Reckoning" German ltd. digi at $13! I bought three :lol: ), you just have to look around.

Cheers! :kickass: