Fission is currently recording

Hell Mike

fuck melodic black metal
Aug 22, 2003
Norrland
www.nasheim.se
... for those of you who didn't know this. I didn't. The drummer in my thrash band took care of the bass drum triggers or something like that and he says it sounds like the Haunted with synths.

WHY does V always have to use them damn synthezisers?

Sorath said:
... for those of you who didn't know this. I didn't. The drummer in my thrash band took care of the bass drum triggers or something like that and he says it sounds like the Haunted with synths.

WHY does V always have to use them damn synthezisers?
We've completed the drums...well we left before the bass drum trigging went on..we of course have the normal bass drum, just always nice to mix it with some trigged one, so you can use a sample to blend the "real" sound with, to get that powerful klick sound....those keyboards are essential, it makes it our own thing....they really give us a special identity, and of course the vocals will also.

mr V

Mr V, I understand what you're saying but I don't agree, but I guess you aren't going to change your mind just because I say so. Too bad. Anyway, the drummer I'm talking about is Chrille, the praktikant (whatever it may be called) at Ballerina. He's not there now, but his mom is from Thailand and it shows, remember him?

Anyways, I don't think synths are the way to go if one wants to have a 'special identity'... It's not been done in thrash as far as I know, true, but what's wrong with good ol' german thrash or bay area thrash?

I don't doubt that Fission will be good, possibly even great, but I'd probably like it better (or at least have a more positive attitude towards the band) if I knew no drum triggers were used and that synthesizers were as far away as Usama bin Ladin if from Washington DC. Too bad nearly every band uses triggers these days, are people afraid of an organic sound? I don't like that klick sound.
Will your vocals be you usual good stuff or more harsh (not growls, thrash style harsh) ones?

And, by the way, restart Cosmic Death. I have a tape and it's fucking great. UNFORTUNATELY, though, stupid as fuck as I am, I accidentally hit the rec-button while listening to Immortal and that tape was in my tape deck, so I have 1-2 seconds of Immortal at twice the volume of the tape to piss me off every time I listen to it.

Lastly, PLEASE have some grim fucking cover art and no photoshop crap, just draw one with demons eating people or something like that. I like my thrash the old fashion way, though I gladly listen to Witchery, At the Gates (SotS), the Haunted etc. also.

Sorath said:
Mr V, I understand what you're saying but I don't agree, but I guess you aren't going to change your mind just because I say so. Too bad. Anyway, the drummer I'm talking about is Chrille, the praktikant (whatever it may be called) at Ballerina. He's not there now, but his mom is from Thailand and it shows, remember him?

Anyways, I don't think synths are the way to go if one wants to have a 'special identity'... It's not been done in thrash as far as I know, true, but what's wrong with good ol' german thrash or bay area thrash?

I don't doubt that Fission will be good, possibly even great, but I'd probably like it better (or at least have a more positive attitude towards the band) if I knew no drum triggers were used and that synthesizers were as far away as Usama bin Ladin if from Washington DC. Too bad nearly every band uses triggers these days, are people afraid of an organic sound? I don't like that klick sound.
Will your vocals be you usual good stuff or more harsh (not growls, thrash style harsh) ones?

And, by the way, restart Cosmic Death. I have a tape and it's fucking great. UNFORTUNATELY, though, stupid as fuck as I am, I accidentally hit the rec-button while listening to Immortal and that tape was in my tape deck, so I have 1-2 seconds of Immortal at twice the volume of the tape to piss me off every time I listen to it.

Lastly, PLEASE have some grim fucking cover art and no photoshop crap, just draw one with demons eating people or something like that. I like my thrash the old fashion way, though I gladly listen to Witchery, At the Gates (SotS), the Haunted etc. also.
We don't use trigger except for th bass drum, and still not only trigged sound, We have the normal organic, but just blend in a little of a trigged sound to get the real punsh that's very hard to get out of a ordinary kit....

mr V

Thats how its done...only trigger the BD and then not trigger like most people assume ; that every hit soft or hard gives the same tone. Have it pressure sesative and just use the triggers to get a punchier sound that cuts through the mix better without safrificing the "real" feel.

I understood the first time, but why shouldn't a hard hit sound hard and a soft hit sound soft? That would give more charachter to the sound, I believe. YES, you still kept the original sound, but still. Nice of you to keep the other drums intact, though.

Sorath said:
I understood the first time, but why shouldn't a hard hit sound hard and a soft hit sound soft? That would give more charachter to the sound, I believe. YES, you still kept the original sound, but still. Nice of you to keep the other drums intact, though.
Of course a hard hit should sound like a hard one, and it will, it's justa matter of getting that in the face punch, as of course the trigger is controlled by the real hit, in velocity and strenght.......

mr V

Sorath said:

thats just a luck in the fact that Mr. V dosent change his mind because you just say so , someone did not get the point of Vintersorg music yet. being said on the way , Vintersorg is not thrash metal. if you want albums with pointless "satanic" covers go get yourself some low level black metal bullcrap , your not looking at the good place.

OceanbarD, we're talking about Fission here, not Vintersorg the band. I fully do enjoy the early Vintersorg works though, probably because they touch a subject to which I can relate. I never mentioned anything "satanic" about the cover art, either, unless you count demons which I suppose you could, but I didn't have anything satanic in mind. Look at the Sepultura Morbid Visions and Bestial Devastation covers and as good as any early bay area thrash, drawn covers with demons/tombstones/dead people etc. That is fucking grim.

I guess I'm finally more or less convinced about the triggers, no more whining about that... But I still don't like the synths. HAH.

i knew. true but still , vintersorg without keyboard is not really vintersorg.
as well as hes not much into (that it be his band or not) "grim" stuff.

Sorath said:

Hmm, don´t think it will be any flesh eating deadheads on the cover... We´re in 2004 now, not -84. :headbang:

the Swede said:
Hmm, don´t think it will be any flesh eating deadheads on the cover... We´re in 2004 now, not -84.
I know, that's what I'm whining about. Check out the cover of Toxic Holocaust - Evil Never Dies, though, that's grim fucking coverart from these days. (For you who are too lazy too check it out; it's a black-and-white drawing of some zombie wearing a black leather jacket, spikes on his arms, a Rigor Mortis shirt and so on feasting on a dead female body (the vaginal area is eaten and there's blood and gore all over the place) and it takes place in a cemetary).

what's the point of this thread? if you don't like something form a band. i find it idiotic that someone needs to come here to tell someone how to play something. keep it to yourself. there's about a billion bands out there. one born each fucking day with the idea of getting chicks. booze and making money. there are TONS of thrash bands out there tons. if you don't like something. don't come to the source and complain about it unless you participate in the band. as for triggers. who gives a shit. it's a drum sound. so it doesn't sound organic. go pick some flowers than for more organic. christ it's like the kid that didn't get the fucking toy he wanted for x mas. i play in a band and hear this shit all the time. here's my conclusion. from the wise words of george carlin "fuck you." unless you plan on spending the time and the money to make music. you are a spectator, show some respect. oh and this i like the earlier stuff better. fine but it's not 1997 or 98 or 99. move on. that great fucking car you use to have. it's gone. things change. \m/

V, will you provide samples when it's done?

tit, please go fuck yourself. This is a forum where I suppose I'm allowed (possibly even expected) to vent my thoughts on stuff. And, for the record, I am a musician. None of my bands exist to get booze, chicks, money and whatever more you may have mentioned, these are not (should not be, at least) the reasons for one to make music.