Five (5) albums you have been spinning recently

Impellitteri - Stand in Line
Stone - No Aneathesia
Reckless Love - Animal Attraction
HCSS - S/T
Sinatra, Frank - Classic Sinatra: His Great Performance 1953-1960
Overkill - Ironbound

Acid Reign "Obnoxious", "The Fear" and "Moshkenstein" (note: these are the 'remasters' and have left much to be desired. 'Remastering' has annoying gaps and are suspect, to say the least)

Wild Dogs "Reign Of Terror" (2007 remaster. In your face!)

Riot "Thundersteel" (is there anything better?)

Forbidden "Forbidden Evil" and "Twisted Into Form" (2008 remasters, and they sound...Great!. I officially now own three versions of each of these two albums. I am a nerd)

Slammer "Work Of Idle Hands" (2013 remaster...Oh, wait. No I'm not!)

recently listened to:
Carnivore - Retaliation
Sodom - Masquerade In Blood
Revenant - Prophecies of A Dying World
Anacrusis - Reason (love that album, my absolute favorite album besides Suffering Hour)
Deathwish - Demon Preacher
I must say I just love how it sounds, everything's perfect re-mixed and remastered.

At the moment I can't really listen to more than 2 albums per day, Iam not really in a good mood.
But maybe today it's different..

recently listened to:
Carnivore - Retaliation
Sodom - Masquerade In Blood
Revenant - Prophecies of A Dying World
Anacrusis - Reason (love that album, my absolute favorite album besides Suffering Hour)
Deathwish - Demon Preacher
I must say I just love how it sounds, everything's perfect re-mixed and remastered.

At the moment I can't really listen to more than 2 albums per day, Iam not really in a good mood.
But maybe today it's different..

Just to let you know we didn't touch the mix of Demon Preacher, just remastered it from original CD. but it sounds much better now that is for sure!

Also, I have tried to license the REVENANT album but Nuclear Blast won't come off it. :(

On my roadtrip through a 7 hour rain storm.

- DIO Sacred Heart, The Last In Line and Holy Diver (New reissue remasters are thumping and i loved it!)
- ATTIC (holy sh*t that album is so Mercyful Fate i am in love. i need to find a CD copy of it)
- AIR RAID Night Of The Axe is amazing
- PRESTO BALLET Peace Among The Ruins
- POWERMAD Absolute Power (new Jamie King remaster)
a few more i am forgetting about too.

I just ordered the Sacred Heart Deluxe Edition, excited to hear it!

61E8JtCJ59L._SL500_AA300_.jpg
512bccP--iL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

5166JV0uTpL._AA300_.jpg
41XYGESY5SL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

61J7CJ0TN2L._SL500_AA280_.jpg
51C-CH-qT6L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

01. Hell Theater "The Reincarnation Of Evil"
02. Attic "The Invocation"

I recently gave in (until I find a distributor who charges less than $25 for a CD copy) and bought a download of Attic's "The Invocation" album, as I've heard more than a handful of people praising it as a great Mercyful Fate inspired band. Being someone who loves (old) Fate, I had to check it out.

Having heard it, I would agree, but I don't understand why more fans don't give Hell Theater some credit. In my opinion, they're much more Fate-ish than Attic, or even more 'Fate' than Mercyful Fate has been since their 'reunion' in '93. Actually, I hear more Helstar (especially the vocals) and NWOBHM influence in Attic, than straight MF.

Hell Theater, on the other hand, sounds JUST LIKE (old) MF, and King Diamond than anything else. Which to me is great, because seeing as how the real MF won't be releasing any more albums, I'd at least like to hear a band that is exactly like them.

Anyone else know of any other groups with 'Fate' fever?

The Slits : Cut (always brings reflects of being 16 and that punk rock girl I use to know)
Warlord (UK) - s/t damn this is good stuff
Kiss : Destroyer (resurrected) the difference is obvious and it sounds really good
Cynic : Carbon-based Anatomy (guys can do no wrong)
Black Coubtry Communion : s/t (I'll be the one person to say it; "extremely overrated)