Fleurety - Min Tid Skal Komme

Min Tid Skal Komme is one of my absolute favorite albums ever.

Almost ten years now, already? Damn.

I don't really like the second album at all, but the packaging is just monumentally awesome (and I never lost any of the files, either!)...

yeah, the packaging was the best thing about Department of Apocalyptic Affairs. Those files thingies were real cool, as were the different covers. but I coulda done without the photos of the band sitting on the toilet. (that was DoAA, right?)

so have any of you fags picked this album up yet? Put down your Blut Aus Nord and Mastodon albums and get some real music, or at least some good music.

BWD, back me up here.

J. said:
so have any of you fags picked this album up yet? Put down your Blut Aus Nord and Mastodon albums and get some real music, or at least some good music.

BWD, back me up here.

Yes, this album owns my man-juice. Along with Sigh's "Ghastly Funeral Theatre" and Enslaved's "Monumension", it is an absolute must-have for fans of BM that pushes boundaries.

Listening to the uploaded track now...great guitar work, I especially love how the atmospheric middle section goes straight into insane (by that I mean the general aura of the music, not how much noise it generates) black metal nine minutes in...

Yeah. If you go to their under-construction website, the bio hints at those altercations.

What's even funnier is that all those "elite" bands' members later played on Fleurety's Department of Apocalyptic Affairs album.

BWD, I still think people are scared this is jazz metal. Or maybe this is just too complex for most RCers to comprehend. ;)

Curious if anyone here ever ventured beyond Min Tid Skal Komme?

Listening to Last Minute Lies EP, it's not horrible unless you expecting more bm weirdness. They dropped the crazy screams for some weird off key baritone, and upped the female vocals to the forefront.

Next up, Dept of Apocalyptic Affairs

I only heard this album about a year ago but I've spun it at least 100 times since. The wolf/lady howl middle part blows me away every time.

I should just buy everything else they ever did. Even if it sucks, I'll still enjoy it to some extent.

Lyrical themes: weirdness, dark emotions

Yep, sounds good.