Fleurety - Min Tid Skal Komme

J.

Old Fart
Jul 24, 2001
The Woodlands
I forgot how weird and nutty this release was. It's really amazing that this was released back in 1995. This is way ahead of Arcturus' adventurous moments, and I actually think, as a whole, this album is better than La Masquerade Infernale. Don't know, I was never able to get into LMI, except the amazing "Chaos Path".

Seriously, this album should appeal to those of you into the eclectic black metal bands like Arcturus, Solefald, Ved Buens Ende, and bands of that ilk. Even fans of early Opeth should like this album.

I always think I'm going to trade/sell this album, but then I listen to it, and realize why I keep it.

However, don't get Last Minute Lies or Department of Apocalyptic Affairs, and expect more mind-boggling black metal. Those two are more like metal/lounge jazz or something. I didn't like LML, but DoAA isn't bad at all.

Min Tid Skal Komme was recently re-released, so there's no excuse not to check it out.

If anything, read interviews with the band that tell of how that were beaten up for not being "true" (sorry, Erik. The guy used that word) back in '95.

Agreed, great album. The bass on that album is all over the place. (just how i like it) Some of the vox on the later tracks are insane, kind of like early in the woods(even more out there... i believe those are from the demo, not sure?)

yeah, the vocals on some tracks are like early ItW and Burzum. A lot of regulars in this forum would dig this album.

Might have to look into this, although I don't listen to Arcturus or Solefald terribly often. Like them both though.

J. said:
However, don't get Last Minute Lies or Department of Apocalyptic Affairs, and expect more mind-boggling black metal. Those two are more like metal/lounge jazz
That's why I always avoided this band, I just figured that their whole gimmick was jazz death. :yuk:

Interesting comparison to Arcturus or Solefald though with this one.

JayKeeley said:
That's why I always avoided this band, I just figured that their whole gimmick was jazz death. :yuk:

Interesting comparison to Arcturus or Solefald though with this one.
I totally understand. But the debut is like another band, seriously. No saxophone, and other than a female singer at times, barely any clean vocals.

The debut is completely black metal. Seriously, a lot of you would like it.

The whole "jazz" thing is why I avoided Ephel Duath.

JayKeeley said:
I haven't heard that in months and months. That will definitely be going out for sale shortly.
haha, and when it came out, people were hailing it as the second coming. :tickled:

Okay. Saying that this album is ambitious is a bit of an understatement. I've seriously never heard anything quite like this before. LMI it is not, but then again I've only heard this once (just now). I agree that many RC regulars would love the shit out of it. Well, the non-gay ones anyway...

I listened to it again last night and I have already concluded that this album is of my favorite 5 BM recordings ever. My two favorite genres are BM and prog rock, and while Enslaved, Arcturus and Ved Buens Ende have put the two together very well, it usually doesn't work... in theory it can't work; the styles are so disparate. But this works. Perfectly.

But like I said, don't buy the follow-ups expecting more of the same, though you may like them because they are more proggy and jazzy.

listening to this now. omg f'n rule mofo. the dude sounds like Mirai from Sigh at times. raw ahead-of-its-time black metal. for those of you that like that sort of thing, this is the sort of thing you'll like.