Floor Jansen

edgeofthorns

24 Hours Ago...
Jan 2, 2005
City beneath the surface
I've been listening to Invisible Circles lately and I've come to the conclusion that Floor is a badass! :worship: I'm new to the band, but she's just blown me away. It's hard for me to believe that there's another female metal singer out there that can top her. :headbang:

~Brian~

Damn straight!

saw this on blabbermouth-

Video footage of the Dutch female-fronted symphonic metal outfit AFTER FOREVER performing acoustically at the Fame store in Amsterdam, Holland on April 18, 2007 has been posted online at YouTube. Check out the clips:

"Lonely": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjNF7tcYbPA
"Strong": Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5PgjesnGq4
"Energize Me": Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQJZ1tWM2dM
"Being Everyone": Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKOUgf3a4d8

Damn that girl can sing!

Floor's a great vocalist, but Invisible Circles has some of the worst acting ever. Retarded chimps could have delivered those lines better. Also, the music is very unimpressive.

I've been listening to Invisible Circles lately and I've come to the conclusion that Floor is a badass! :worship: I'm new to the band, but she's just blown me away. It's hard for me to believe that there's another female metal singer out there that can top her. :headbang:

~Brian~

Can't argue with that. :headbang:

~Brian~

I agree totally. I was floored by Floor (no pun intended) the first time I heard After Forever 4-5 years ago. The first 4-5 tracks off Decipher blew me away. In many ways, I think that album is still their best (she hits the stratosphere on that one!). But their latest album is killer, too.

I interviewed Floor a couple weeks ago and was impressed by her sense of humor and generosity with her time. I think our interview lasted 45 minutes. I can't wait to post it.

Floor has a long career ahead of her, and I'm thrilled After Forever is playing PPUSA this fall. I think they're going to surprise and impress the hell out of everyone.

Cheers,

Bill

Floor's a great vocalist, but Invisible Circles has some of the worst acting ever. Retarded chimps could have delivered those lines better. Also, the music is very unimpressive.

Yeah, the talking parts add nothing at all, but I disagree with you about the music. I think the music is really good.

~Brian~

I liked Re-imagine, but not Invisible Circles. Not anything before Invisible Circles either. But their new sound seems more straight ahead. I'm digging that. More powerful too.

I've liked all of their material. The MJ era and the post MJ era. The acting parts on Invisible Circles were bad. Especially the guy. I thought the music though was very good and of course Floor's singing was top notch. I enjoyed that she would change her singing style to fit the character. Well done.

she is for sure the best one out there... such a strong, powerful voice..... well, I could talk about her for hours ;)
I'm a fangirl, so let me stop right here

Not really a fan of After Forever but I think Floor has a really great voice. She definitely has a different take on singing than most other female vocalists and I think she does a fantastic job.

I will reserve judgment on who is the better front woman, until I actually see Floor perform @ PPVIII (I've never seen AF play live before). I saw Tarja w/ NW at PPIV, the End of an Era DVD and Youtube videos, so I've seen how she is as a front woman. But, from what I've seen of Floor on Youtube, Tarja looks like she'll have some fierce competition.

As far as who is the better vocalist, it's Floor hands down! The power and heart with which she sings and her dynamic (changing styles between a rock/metal voice and a classical/operatic voice) put her far ahead of Tarja IMHO! Sure they both have great vocal chops and beautiful voices but, Tarja doesn't sing belt out a song quite like Floor and her style is one-dimensional (only operatic). I'm a fan of both singers' vocals but, there's no question in my mind as to who is the best. In fact, if anyone doubts if Floor can sing the operatic stuff as well as Tarja, check out AF's NW covers and see how Floor nails it, as if it were Tarja singing.

~Brian~

Ditto that!

I'm new to After Forever too, but not to Floor. I found her through Aryeon and Star One, which has produced some of my favorite music on this planet! Floor is, hands down, my favorite female vocalist and I'll be acting like a total fangirl during their set. Just warning you all now. :lol:

It's hard for me to believe that there's another female metal singer out there that can top her. :headbang:

~Brian~

Except maybe her sister Irene - who has worked with both Star One and Ayreon. Arjen once called her a "female Russell Allen."

Unfortunately, I don't think Irene is performing anymore, but perhaps she might be persuaded to come out of retirement for a guest appearance at PPVIII? :)