Focusrite Saffire 6 USB Distortion

I have the same problem that in topic.

But i've tried different ways to solve the problem. No good news ((( (without loosing quality of DI signal)
I'll allow myself to repost my message from another topic. Maybe you can help me.

"I own Focusrite Saffire 6 USB. This interface have hi-z input. But all guitars that i tried on it were clippin' in hi-z input, PAD in inner position and zero gain of inputs preamp.
2 of them have SD SH-8 Invaders in bridge. Also i've tested Gibson Flying V and Gibson SG Standart. Both of Gibsons were clippin' too.

Then i switched INST. and PAD. buttons on outer position. So as far as i can understand my interface input became ordinary line input (am i right?). Clipping gone in this mode. Gain set on 6 of 10 to achieve input peaks in Reaper -3 dB.
But as i know-recordin' DI's in line is not good idea coz signal looses it's frequences(i don't know how to say its correctly in english, hope you understood me)

So then i deсided to use my friends EBS MicroBassII as DI-box. Followed manual to make right connection. But i found that recorded signal in this mode and peaks (about -3 dB) sounds not better then signal recorded directly to interface line input (PAD. ON!!!!, INST.off)/
Why?
Also i had to switch PAD. on my interface input while connecting guitars with DI-box to Saffire 6 usb (otherwise it was clipping and showed me PEAKS over 0 db). So does it mean that EBS MicroBassII couldn't work as DI-box?

So now i don't understand what i'm doin' wrong.
hi-z input was cliipin' - i tried to use dibox.
but dibox made my signal very simular to signal recorded directly in line input of interface. So what the purpose of Di-box if it doesnt make signal better than line signal?

p.s.: sorry for my bad english. i don't know it good enough to express my thoughts more accessible.

p.s.s.^ thnx for helping me."