folk metal.anyone?

no_reply

comfortably numb
Feb 2, 2006
Ive been digging a couple of bands already,such as :tyr,loits,skyforger and so on,any other good bands in the same vein by any chance?

These bands I mention now all have folky melodies:
Månegarm, Thyrfing, Moonsorrow, Korpiklaani, Finntroll, Myrkgrav, Otyg and of course Storm, the old project from Satyr and Fenriz.

Skyforger killz...Moonsorrow, First two Ensiferum albums, Finntroll...

Norther isn't Folk Metal...more like Melodic Death.

folk metal... not sure if Agalloch counts but they are one of the greatest bands on the planet... Tyr, falkenbach is great, finntroll, moonsorrow, enisferum, enslaved...

Finntroll is horrible imo. can't get how so many people like this crap so much.

good bands with folk influences:

Negura Bunget
Agalloch
Skyclad
Tenhi
October Falls
Faun
Gåte
Drudkh
and Bathory of course

These bands I mention now all have folky melodies:
Månegarm, Thyrfing, Moonsorrow, Korpiklaani, Finntroll, Myrkgrav, Otyg and of course Storm, the old project from Satyr and Fenriz.

Korpiklaani is the most fun one. Every time I hear' em I HAVE to dance and jump around. ;-) Ehm..
Finntroll is such a boring live act!! I really had to throw up last time I saw them. Disappointing.

Finntroll is awesome drinking music. Plus you can dance a little to it. It's for the white people that can't dance to hip hop.

Damn forgot about Pagan Reign...up there for me for one of the very best int he genre...too bad they broke up :(

Nokturnal Mortum have a more folkish sound now too. Love the latest album.

Folk elements in metal? I guess it can be explained as Black or Power Metal with harsh and clean vocals with traditional instruments added in to give it a folky feeling?

Not for everyone...and the ones that have been getting into it lately are very annoying brats.

korpiklaani is the best - call it humpaa metal. It's a drinking metal induced polkafest, fun fun and beer!! (they also write very good, memorable songs - unlike many of their counterparts)

Moonsorrow is really good, Storm is good black/folk metal, Finntroll do the humpaa thing (before korpiklaani) but their sound is more harsh and derives more from black metal. Skyclad were a really fun and inventive band...hmm try those