Folk metal?

try Falconer

Yeah, I was gonna suggest Falconer earlier. They have some really good songs, in my opinion. One of the better power metal acts.

I know that Mithotyn are folk/viking metal, but did they use clean vocals? I always though they had a more black metal sound, before they became Falconer.

I'm not a big Elvenking fan, and I've never gotten into Skyclad.

Mithotyn, esp Gathered Around the Oaken Table and King of a Distant Forest.

def. their best albums.

Yeah, I was gonna suggest Falconer earlier. They have some really good songs, in my opinion. One of the better power metal acts.

I know that Mithotyn are folk/viking metal, but did they use clean vocals? I always though they had a more black metal sound, before they became Falconer.

I can't recall anything clean in their discog, and I'm a huuuuuge fan of theirs. could be wrong though.

I'm not a big Elvenking fan, and I've never gotten into Skyclad.

word up. skyclad a bit wacky for me. elvenking too fruity.

if you like your power metal with an emo/indie vocalist then yes listen to Elvenking.

You have no friggin idea what you're talking about :lol:

Heathenreel is a brilliant album. Everything else is basically horrible except the first demo.

As for Mithotyn, they mix clean and harsh throughout their releases. Some songs are completely harsh, and some are mixed. I cannot recall if any song of theirs is completely clean.

I definitely believe Falconer shines in their bonus tracks, which usually aren't in English and are pretty folky.

*EDIT*

Just after I posted, the song "The Old Rover" came on, off of Gathered Around the Oaken Table. It is completely clean.

Thanks for all the replies.

But I was checking all of these bands and they are mostly fast folk metal, I was meaning by "Folk Metal?" I didn't really know what kind of music Agalloch, Borknagar and Tenhi have specifically, but I'm mostly talking about the soft, dark, acoustic to metal music they play.

Thanks for all the replies.

But I was checking all of these bands and they are mostly fast folk metal, I was meaning by "Folk Metal?" I didn't really know what kind of music Agalloch, Borknagar and Tenhi have specifically, but I'm mostly talking about the soft, dark, acoustic to metal music they play.

Ulver released a completely acoustic folk album that might be more what you're looking for. It's called Kveldssanger.

Bathory of course!!
Not folk.
Preferably all clean.

*edit* Should I check out Elvenking or something like that? I heard their name before and I heard they were Power/folk metal.
Elvenking are excellent. So are Skyclad. Elvenking's latest sucks.
if you like your power metal with an emo/indie vocalist then yes listen to Elvenking.
Only on the last album, and it still isn't emo, you fucking genius. His vocals have gone somewhat downhill, though.
You have no friggin idea what you're talking about :lol:

Heathenreel is a brilliant album. Everything else is basically horrible except the first demo.

Heathenreel is their best, the demo is also great. I don't have Wyrd, but I like the Winter Wake. It's not very folky, though. It's a very good mixture of folk/power with pop.

anything with 'troll' in it has a tendency to suck.
Finntroll.
And they most certainly do not suck.

If you're looking for acoustic folk metal, Finntroll has an acoustic album Visor om Slutet. Also: Månegarm.

I think Eluveitie have a very unique sound.

However, he said he was looking for acoustic folk. This is why I'm recommending Ulver's acoustic/folk album Kvledssanger.