For all you Lady Gaga fans...

They really love tuning her vibrato. Always has such a weird sound.

Out of curiosity, what's impressing you guys about the vox track? It sounds like standard fare for this genre. Various filtered, effected delays, dubs and autotune related effects, barely any verb, tons of pocketing (vocalign?).

Don't like her music at all, but thanks for this anyway.
Vocal track was rather interesting I guess

Out of curiosity, what's impressing you guys about the vox track? It sounds like standard fare for this genre. Various filtered, effected delays, dubs and autotune related effects, barely any verb, tons of pocketing (vocalign?).

It's interesting mainly because I tend to completely avoid this type of music, so it's basically new to me:lol:

Her vibrato's not far off of that in a live setting, actually - she has some videos of her doing piano/vocal stuff on youtube and it's unnatural sounding sometimes. Probably accentuated in studio, but It's far better than the usual AT stuff we hear in the genre.

What's mostly impressing me about the vocal track is how the layers are interacting with eachother, more of a production/arrangement thing.

A lot of those filtered/effected delays I had previously thought were subtle synth lines, when listening in the full mix.

possibly a dumb question but I notice there's absolutely no music bleed from the phones... I typically hear some in my tracks, how are they avoiding this? iso headphones?

possibly a dumb question but I notice there's absolutely no music bleed from the phones... I typically hear some in my tracks, how are they avoiding this? iso headphones?

You can hear bleed right at the very start, under the work 'let'. There is a synth line creeping up under her vocal as the compressor lets go. After that you can clearly hear synth and drum bleed between her lead lines. The backings are pretty tightly edited.

love the harmonies, and how common it is to have one main track for verse, then build things up on prechorus and chorus with double tracking.

love how every single expression is perfect here. so many rock and metal guys lack any conviction in their vocals. anyone who thinks this is overly tuned doesnt understand what these guys are trying to achieve.