For Anders about waitoutside

the-lull

discouraged one
May 25, 2001
France
www.thelull.fr.fm
Why did you choose not to put it on Viva Emptiness ?
Did you think it was a weak song, or was it just recorded to be an extra track for future releases.
Or maybe it was too tool-ish ?

Great, great tune. But I do agree that it really does not fit into the overall vibe of VE. But man, if there were ever the perfect tune for Kata to do a video for, this would be it. I could definitely see all the kids eating it up on MTV2.

when it comes to choose which final songs and in what order, there's always a compromise to be made because you wanna have a certain playing time and a certain amount of tracks in the right flow. we felt 'wait outside' turned out a bit odd and stuff, so thats why it had to get off the tracklist. it could have been a kool b-side on a single tho.

Are there any more from that project that didn't make it to disc???
Man, I am into this song.

gatedropper said:
Are there any more from that project that didn't make it to disc???
Man, I am into this song.

there was one more song, actually the hardest song we ever did and also for the same reason why it didnt make it onto the album, but it was deleted during a harddrive crash and never recovered...

Damn. Lemme say dude that your chords and feedback are what Katatonia is
all about. Thanks for making my ears dance.

Blakkheim said:
there was one more song, actually the hardest song we ever did and also for the same reason why it didnt make it onto the album, but it was deleted during a harddrive crash and never recovered...

any chance of trying to re-write/re-record it, or did you forget it all together?

Blakkheim said:

Do you mean the hardest at vocals or music?

I love Wait Outside, perfect song. :).
And I agree that it wouldn't have fit on VE ^^

Cool track.

I hope Katatonia release some cool singles before the next record (like "teargas") with extra songs,as an appetizer for the new album...and also for my "collecting-mania"

Blakkheim said:

:hotjump: Put my mind at rest...it wasnt erased from your hard brain at least ? I want it :yell: there is FOR SURE a rehearsal version....remember it !
The Hardest song you ever did... o_O
Could it mean the most hard rock looking song (a Wasp copycat ?) :headbang: with Jonas screaming heavy supersonic vocals ? :headbang:

Please Anders, give us more information about "the deleted song" of VE!!! What does it mean "hardest" song? Is it possible to rewrite again this song in a b-side for example?