For guitarists - Right Into The Bliss

Moonshield

Revenant
Nov 17, 2001
UK
Hey all, I've been playing this song for a while and decided to try and record it myself for fun. I hadn't learned the second guitar, only one of them, so I had a glance at the guitar 2 tabs on the tab I had downloaded and went to play them. And I am sure this one's wrong. This is the riff that's played underneath the lead guitar in the chorus. The tab I have here says:

|--------------|
|--------------|
|--------------|
|-2--7--9--4--|
|-2--5--7--4--|
|-0--5--7--2--|

The rest of this post will continue in a reply, since I can't fit it all in!! Bah!

And I've not put in the repeated notes, just the chords... I'm sure you can work out how many times each is supposed to be played if you listen to the song. But yes, I played that and it just doesn't seem right at all. I've tried my best to work it out for myself but I can't get it right either. Does anyone know what the correct chords are? Not the end of the world if I never know I guess, but it's just frustrating when I've got the rest of the song. Thanks in advance, and by the way, if I'm talking rubbish and the tab is correct, feel free to attack me with any insults, provided they are original.

Hmmm, it sounds ok to me, atleast the chord progression seems correct. The chord on the 7th fret is not played for very long, which caught me out to start with. Make sure you're playing the inverted chords properly

eg
--7--
--5--
--5--

not

--7--
--7--
--5--

Umm, yeah.... ;)

You know, I think I may have been a retard and played those chords as (7/7/5) etc. It wouldn't surprise me. I'll give it another shot later on when I've got some time and do it properly this time. Thanks for your help. Next time, I will learn to read before posting stupid threads. :)

Uhm... Are you using the right tuning? AFAIK, Tonight's Decision is tuned in drop D, i.e. the low E string tuned down one whole step. Though that tab might be for regular tuning, I dunno. Can't be bothered to check right now.

Originally posted by phyre
Then again, random Internet tablature is not to be trusted.

This is definitely true. Quite often I've ended up using tabs for some bits of the songs, but figuring out the rest myself. But in any case, I'm not hugely bothered about being in the correct tuning and all that, I'm just playing for fun and not overly concerned about technicalities at the moment, only about hitting the right notes :)

By the way, I did play it again with the chords CORRECT this time and it sounds much better. I'm not on the right tuning, so it doesn't sound perfect, but at least both guitars actually sound good together now rather than the mess they were before. So, thanks all!

facts...

anything recorded earlier than the titles below is in E tuning.

'discouraged ones' is in D# tuning, but a few songs got the E string dropped to a C# tuning.

'tonight's decision' same as above.

'last fair deal gone down' is in D# tuning, but got many songs in C# that are tuned to a complete new open chord based on C#.

'viva emptiness' is in C tuning with alternate open chord tunings.

btw, the kata tabs on the web are all inaccurate, so dont be a fool to trust em.
if i had the time, i'd write em all down myself...
git me zum of that savings money from yer parents jar cans and i'll see what i can do ;)

I wish I new where there were some accurate tabs as well...I mean the one for Disposession on the metal tabs site is somewhat close but when watching Adners & company on video he looks to be playing it a bit differently. Katatonia/Bloodbathtabs.com, a brilliant idea for someone with the knowlege to post!!

Blakkheim said:
facts...

anything recorded earlier than the titles below is in E tuning.

'discouraged ones' is in D# tuning, but a few songs got the E string dropped to a C# tuning.

'tonight's decision' same as above.

'last fair deal gone down' is in D# tuning, but got many songs in C# that are tuned to a complete new open chord based on C#.

'viva emptiness' is in C tuning with alternate open chord tunings.

See? What did I tell you?? :D :cool: :)