For People on Spotify!

Mosquito

oh noes!!
Jan 23, 2002
Columbia, SC, USA
www.myspace.com
I'm going to start a thread for adding everyones username if you want to have yours added. The nice thing about Spotify is it's simple to share playlists/songs with people with a few mouse clicks. If you want to add someone to your friend list, you just type

spotify:user:username_here and then you get the option to add the person.

There's a people list on the right side of the program and you can click anyone and see what playlists they have that are public to everyone. You can also recommend songs to individuals through this system as well.

So with that said, this is an excellent way to recommend and share new music with each other.

My username is metalmosq, so to add me you just type

spotify:user:metalmosq and you should see my playlists. I even have a ProgPower XII list set up that can be listened to.

So if you want to have your playlists shared, or you want to see what others are listening to, just add your username here and people can add whoever they would like. :)

Woops forgot one thing. You will need to enable 'Spotify Social'. I honestly don't remember where to turn on this feature but it should be pretty easy to find as I had it on within 5 minutes of installation. Once you have that, you can add people and let them add you (cough cough metalsped).

How did you get a user ID? I provided my email to it, but have not yet received an invite. Are you a paying member?

How did you get a user ID? I provided my email to it, but have not yet received an invite. Are you a paying member?

I got an invite from a friend, when you're doing the actual sign-up process you'll be asked to make up a username. If you haven't received an invite and only submitted your email address then you don't have an account yet.

No I am not a paying member yet.

Woops forgot one thing. You will need to enable 'Spotify Social'. I honestly don't remember where to turn on this feature but it should be pretty easy to find as I had it on within 5 minutes of installation. Once you have that, you can add people and let them add you (cough cough metalsped).

Workin on it, massa

mëtålspëd;9912239 said:

This method got me a limited-use account with only 20 hours a month. On the plus-side I think I can "upgrade" to a full free account once I get an invite from @amanda. Plus I tried the twitter contest thing of following them and using their hashtag. They also retweet folks giving away invites. Hopefully one of these will work to get me in the door with both both feet!

EDIT: nevermind the picture thing...derp