For producer of Before Their Eyes (Sturgis)

and I also want to edit them in mirroir after every take without grouping the regions or hightling the 2 regions. It looks like I have no other solution than highlighting both regions everytime ? Or is there any option ?

you want them to be editgroups without having to make an editgroup

that would mean cubase should know which tracks to group before you tell cubase to group tracks...

cubase ain't THAT smart :)

one extra little thing i do here, that i've not seen anyone else doing, is that i automate a mute on the click channel immediately after the last beat is played... keeps click out of OH's during cymbal decay at the end of the song.

Why didn't I pay attention to this before?
This is a great tip, I mean really really really really really great
Thanks James

AWESOME THREAD!!!!!!!!
Joey does great work
it inspires me to wanna keep recording and get better everyday
If i was to ask a question tho it would be
How do you convince all these bands to use the POD, if i came in with a trip rect, and you went we dont need that i would be like what the hell?? LOL I own the XT pro and it is awesome, get the right tone and your set for every recording session

i usually dont have to convince anyone of anything because people coming in to work with me are highly impressed with my previous work

sometimes they are shocked at how i get there when im like, ok plugin, ok record. sure im kinda like a tone factory and im not really innovating the sound of the guitar, but these bands really arent innovating metal or song writing either....

but im rambling... at any rate i am well prepared to show the client the difference between their amp and mine. its a pretty massive difference, honestly.

occassionally i get the dick head who thinks he knows everything (and im not claiming i know anything at all) who wants to use his shit. in those situations i have to try the convincing methods, but if the client disagrees with me, than its his shit record, not mine! and i take my name off of work i dont agree with, so i wont be associated with it anyways.

sounds shitty i know, but there are just dudes out there that would rather walk home with a shitty sounding cd and be able to tell people, "yep thats my amp you're trying to hear there.."

sorry to go off topic even more on Joey's productions, but I want to do like Ermin said. Grouping, not the regions, but 2 tracks. PLUS I don't want to highlight them everytime and I don't want to select both and click grouping.

Let's say, I am tracking both DI and an amp, the 2 tracks are linked (the faders, mute, records buttons, ...), and I also want to edit them in mirroir after every take without grouping the regions or hightling the 2 regions. It looks like I have no other solution than highlighting both regions everytime ? Or is there any option ?

It's pretty late right now so I'm not sure I understood precisely what you want to do but I think you need to make a folder track and put the 2 tracks in it, then make edits on the folder track. Most group edits can easily be done either with the folder track or the highlighting or grouping. It just depends on what exactly you want to achieve.

sorry to go off topic even more on Joey's productions, but I want to do like Ermin said. Grouping, not the regions, but 2 tracks. PLUS I don't want to highlight them everytime and I don't want to select both and click grouping.

Let's say, I am tracking both DI and an amp, the 2 tracks are linked (the faders, mute, records buttons, ...), and I also want to edit them in mirroir after every take without grouping the regions or hightling the 2 regions. It looks like I have no other solution than highlighting both regions everytime ? Or is there any option ?

This is exactly what I've been talking about. Like Shadow_walker said, you can use folder tracks but I find them annoying to work with and there's also the fact that some edit commands don't work on them (like quantize for example). If we could work with folders but also make edits on all the individual channels that would span all the tracks in the folder (maybe an option is the prefs or something), and... all editing commands would work, that would rule (almost as much as this totally, totally, awesome run-on sentence).

i usually dont have to convince anyone of anything because people coming in to work with me are highly impressed with my previous work

sometimes they are shocked at how i get there when im like, ok plugin, ok record. sure im kinda like a tone factory and im not really innovating the sound of the guitar, but these bands really arent innovating metal or song writing either....

but im rambling... at any rate i am well prepared to show the client the difference between their amp and mine. its a pretty massive difference, honestly.

occassionally i get the dick head who thinks he knows everything (and im not claiming i know anything at all) who wants to use his shit. in those situations i have to try the convincing methods, but if the client disagrees with me, than its his shit record, not mine! and i take my name off of work i dont agree with, so i wont be associated with it anyways.

sounds shitty i know, but there are just dudes out there that would rather walk home with a shitty sounding cd and be able to tell people, "yep thats my amp you're trying to hear there.."
awesome come back
I feel like that now with the band i joined
I played his guitar and was not impressed his sound scratchy
I just know my POD will do better but i dont wanna argue the the dude in my band.... I need the convincing method :lol:

Well, Nuendo grouping only works that way when you start with essentially one take. Most of them time when I'm ready to edit I've got anywhere from 3 to 30 takes compiled together to form the final song. More for some instruments. If you select all those, group, then try and start editing it dosen't work the same way. You could always consolidate before editing but sometimes that's a compromise.

Like I mention in the last post, if the folder feature would be fixed and expanded I'd be happy.

Another little cool deal about nuendo editing... If you click the outside section of an fade (upper left for a fade in or upper right for a fade out) it will open the fade editor. I still usually use the key command, but kinda cool to know.

awesome come back

:lol::lol::lol:

Doesn't really work with dudes in your band, but once you get to the point as a producer when people are coming to you because they want your sound life gets a lot easier. Your clients have to know that you know better than they do. That may sound a little harsh and its not always that black and white, but the sooner they understand that, the better your product will be. If you don't yet have the rep for that it can still work. Not a matter of convincing someone of this. If your sounding like a salesman then its already too late. It's more about the confidence with witch you present yourself.

It's pretty late right now so I'm not sure I understood precisely what you want to do but I think you need to make a folder track and put the 2 tracks in it, then make edits on the folder track. Most group edits can easily be done either with the folder track or the highlighting or grouping. It just depends on what exactly you want to achieve.

You have a point it works.

So you just tell them to leave the studio or go some place else ? How do you
take my name off of work i dont agree with, so i wont be associated with it anyways.
?