For the old fucks: How disappointed were you when...

They way I recall it was that honestly, I wasn't overly engaged by Rust In Peace when it came out. Peace Sells was my favorite Megadeth by far and I wasn't really thrilled with the technical aspects, I wanted nastier music. Countdown actually seemed more enjoyable, especially compared to the letdown Metallica's Black Album was. But I was fully in my death metal phase at this point, so I was far more interested in waiting on the next Morbid Angel and Carcass albums.

They way I recall it was that honestly, I wasn't overly engaged by Rust In Peace when it came out. Peace Sells was my favorite Megadeth by far and I wasn't really thrilled with the technical aspects, I wanted nastier music. Countdown actually seemed more enjoyable, especially compared to the letdown Metallica's Black Album was. But I was fully in my death metal phase at this point, so I was far more interested in waiting on the next Morbid Angel and Carcass albums.

:kickass:

yeah, that pretty much sums it up. techno wankery wasn't really IN at that time at all.

I would like to state that I have since come to fucking love Rust In Peace. But at that time between RIP and Countdown... just wasn't my bag.

listening to RiP right now for the millionth time and it still kicks my dick in

Seeing 'deth for the first time this weekend (with Testament, Machine Head and a bunch of shitty bands). Should be boss.

The whole video is completely badass. It's about 2 hours of them backstage on their 1990 European tour. Riding in the tour bus, picking up prostitutes, talking shit to roadies, Dave Mustaine scaring the shit out of everybody.... A can't miss for a true fan of the 'deth.

This is cool too. The final segment from The Decline of Western Civilization Part 2: The Metal Years. It can only be fully appreciated once you see the wankstain wannabe rock stars that take up the previous 90 minutes of the movie. Megadeth come across as pure professionals in comparison. It's also nice to see all those bodies flying around down at the front of the stage. That's a REAL metal show, my friends, and not like this pussy shit you see today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v​=MayzPkmKUcY

Last edited by a moderator:
is there a real market for these sorts of re-releases/remasters??? I always see these things come out and wonder ... who buys them?

I've only purchased remasters because I failed to buy the albums upon initial release and/or was in grade school and didn't quite have a steady income yet