How would you rank the classic band's albums?

Cause for Conflict is a great album IMO. Sure it can't reach the level of Coma of Souls but still I like it alot. Ootcast would be my least favorite - don't really like it. Endorama I haven't listened for a long time. I just remember I enjoyed it once but the experiments with Gothic rock and Dark metal doesn't really fit in Kreator's style.

Also, Fuck the Kreator albums that Vetterli played on. He was a wasted talent on those records :(

Yeah I can agree to that at a certain point. He should have played on albums like Violent Revolution or something.

well back to topic..

Invocator:

Excursion Demise (Masterpiece of Death/thrash!)
Dying to Live (It's not the typical Death/thrash from their first 2 but still like it alot)
Early Years (you need that compilation!! includes their both demos Genetic Confusion and Alterations and some unreleased rare stuff)
Weave the Apocalypse (groovy and good structured but not on the level of the debut)
Through the Flesh to the Soul

Sepultura:

Arise/Beneath The Remains (both one of my favorite albums)
Schizophrenia
Morbid Visions
Chaos A.D.
.... nuff said.

Granted, i only ranked The Force over VI due to a nostalgia filter. ISOS is a good album, but a shitty Onslaught album; it's certainly nothing that you'd call representative of the band's sound.

That's true. If anyone were to start listening to Onslaught by ISOS (satan forbid) they'd get the completely wrong impression about what they're actually capable of. The Force is still great, btw.

Also, Fuck the Kreator albums that Vetterli played on. He was a wasted talent on those records :(
Ι know, which made the albums or the more disappointing. It's not that Endorama is particularly bad music. It's just totally foreign to what I want Kreator to sound like. Goth and mellow, sentimental passages? Fuck that.

I like to think of Kreator as being 3 separate bands. The "old school thrash" Kreator, the "I've got an idea, let's experiment goth/industrial elements" Kreator and the "alright let's get serious again, we might make s'more cash if we get back to writing thrash again" Kreator. I enjoy them all, really.

Expectations really didn't come into play until pretty much Hordes of Chaos (I haven't been into metal as long as some/most of you guys) so I really don't mind the experimental stuff.. They obviously aren't as good as the early stuff but I like them for what they are, rather than disliking them for what they aren't.

But you're right, Vetterli was wasted on Outcast and Endorama. That said, I don't think he had much creative input into those albums.

Train of Thought
Images and Words
Awake
Systematic Chaos
Metropolis Pt. 2: Scenes from a Memory
A Dramatic Turn of Events
Dream Theater
Octavarium
Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence
Black Clouds & Silver Linings

Got to come clean, with it being Dream Theater, I haven't listened to the other two albums enough to list.

Train of Thought? Really? Huh. Interesting. Why is that album your favorite?

My list is gonna be completely different then yours. :lol:

Images and Words
Awake
Scenes from a Memory
Dream Theater
Octavarium
Black Clouds and Silver Linings
Train of Thought
Systematic Chaos
When Day and Dream Unite
Falling into Infinity

Dream Theater:
Awake/Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence
Systematic Chaos
Train of Thought/Images and Words
Octavarium
s/t
Falling Into Infinity

Metropolis isn't on there because I haven't listened to it (surprisingly) from the bits I've heard, probably above Octavarium.
--
Strapping:
City
Alien/SYL
The New Black
Heavy...
--
Devin:
Deconstruction/Ki/Ocean Machine
Accelerated Evolution
Addicted!
Terria
Epicloud/Synchestra/Ziltoid
Infinity/Ghost
Physicist
Those two weird ambient albums that made fuck all sense.
--
Coroner:
No More Color
Punishment for Decadence/Grin
Mental Vortex
R.I.P.

I don't rate Mental Vortex as high as most.
--
Dark Angel:
Time Does Not Heal
Leave Scars/Darkness Descends
We Have Arrived
--
On a separate note, I'm surprised at how much you liked Dramatic Turn of Events Keenan.

Train of Thought? Really? Huh. Interesting. Why is that album your favorite?

My list is gonna be completely different then yours. :lol:

Images and Words
Awake
Scenes from a Memory
Dream Theater
Octavarium
Train of Thought
Systematic Chaos
When Day and Dream Unite
Falling into Infinity

That's a good thing! It's not actually THAT much different though...

Why Train of Thought? Phew. I just think it's a great metal album. Definitely the heaviest they've been. I love the beginning of the album, As I Am is rockin' and Endless Sacrifice has that really 'big' thing going for it... I like Portnoy's vocals (and lyrics?) in particular too. It's pretty balls to the wall for Dream Theater. And In the Name of God is completely epic on the OTT sense (not sure if I should be marking them down on this actually ... haha)

And the artwork is super cool and when I opened my copy, plugged in and played it it's kind of stuck and remained my favourite since... I guess...

Anyway, I agree A Dramatic Turn of Events is worthy a high spot. Need to listen to that more actually....

How can you not love A Dramatic Turn of Events? It's got a great single, On the Backs of Angels, it's got a masterful epic, Breaking All Illusions, and a soulful piano song to boot, Far from Heaven. Not to mention Outcry and Bridges in the Sky. So glad I got to see them on that tour.

I like Train of Thought, but I the only songs I ever really go back to are Vacant, Stream of Consciousness and In the Name of God. The other three are just.... okay. Vacant and In the Name of God are incredible though.

I was gonna make a Devy list, but I think that'd be too difficult for me to actually do. :lol: Instead, I'll do Death!

Human
The Sound of Perseverance
Symbolic
Spiritual Healing
Leprosy
Individual Thought Patterns
Scream Bloody Gore

Dream Theater:

Awake
Images and Words
A Change of Seasons
---------------------- Godly

Scenes from a Memory
Six Degrees
When Dream and Day
Falling into Infinity
--------------------- Problematic with godly moments (scenes was too safe, six was too long, when dream has an awful production, FII has a lot of SHIT songs)

Train of Thought
A Dramatic Turn
Octavarium
Systematic
Dream Theater
Black Clouds
-------------- some good moments, mostly disappointing, boring, repetitive and unimaginative, the opposite of exciting. Also I hate Labrie's vocals (it's a wonder he doesn't ruin the good albums for me) and the band lost a huge part of its charm when Kevin Moore left to play shit music.

And FUCK THEM for ruining Space Dye Vest live.

Dark Angel:
Darkness Descends
Leave Scars
Live Scars
We Have Arrived
Time Does Not Heal (great music, atrocious vocals)

Because I just heard the songs from their new album they have posted on Youtube...

CYNIC :

Traced in Air
Focus
Carbon Based Anatomy
Re-Traced
The Portal Tapes

Carbon is an EP, Re-Traced is a remix album and Portal Tapes are old tapes Masvidal did while he was with Portal. Do they count? :lol:

Deicide
Once Upon the Cross
Legion
Serpents of the Light
In the Minds of Evil
Insineratehymn
The Stench of Redemption
Till Death Do Us Part
In Torment in Hell
Scars of the Crucifix
To Hell with God

Morbid Angel:

Altars of Madness/Blessed Are the Sick (they are equally great in my opinion)
Covenant
Formulas Fatal to the Flesh
Domination
Abominations of Desolation (don't even know if that counts as an album)
Gateways To Annihilation

not into their other albums.

Sodom:

Persecution Mania
Agent Orange
Tapping the Vein
Epitome of Torture - Yeah, I know, a lot of people will say this is too highly rated, but I don't give a shit. I blasted this cd more than anything else I bought last year. :headbang:
Sodom
M-16
In War and Pieces
Code Red
The Final Sign of Evil

Iced Earth:
Night of the Stormrider - love the theme and some of my favorite tracks - NOTS, Pure Evil and Travel in Stygian. :headbang:

The Dark Saga - it took me a while to dig this cd, but the last three songs- the Suffering trilogy is the best Iced Earth trilogy of songs.

The Glorious Burden - I love the Gettysburg trilogy and the historic theme of this album. I would love to see Attila and Waterloo performed live.

The Burnt Offerings - Dante's Inferno:kickass:

Horror Show - Dracula and Damien are the best on this album.

Something Wicked This Way Comes - Some good songs, including the Something wicked trilogy, but a lot of misses or filler songs that make this album too long.

Dystopia - it's ok, never really grabbed me.

Iced Earth - Interesting to see how I E started

Framing Armageddon - :puke:

Oh and if we are including live albums then props to Iced Earth for Alive in Athens which is the greatest live metal performance ever recorded. :headbang:

Somewhere in Time
Powerslave
7th Son of a 7th Son
Number of the Beast
Brave New World
Killers
A Matter of Life and Death
Piece of Mind
No Prayer For The Dying
Iron Maiden
The Final Frontier
Dance of Death
The X-Factor
Fear of the Dark
Virtual XI

(Approximately)

Destruction

Release From Agony
Eternal Devastation
Infernal Overkill
Sentence of Death
Cracked Brain
Metal Discharge
The Antichrist
All Hell Breaks Loose
D.E.V.O.L.U.T.I.O.N.
Thrash Anthems (some of the Re-recordings sound just great! :kickass:)
Inventor of Evil
Day of Reckoning
Spiritual Genocide (must confess I haven't even listened to it really often but it's one of their weakest releases so far)

Somewhere in Time
Powerslave
7th Son of a 7th Son
Number of the Beast
Brave New World
Killers
A Matter of Life and Death
Piece of Mind
No Prayer For The Dying
Iron Maiden
The Final Frontier
Dance of Death
The X-Factor
Fear of the Dark
Virtual XI

(Approximately)

Piece of Mind below Brave New World AND A Matter of Lfe and Death? :ill:

Just The Trooper, Flight of Icarus and Revelations erase both albums.

Son, I am disappoint! :p

VOIVOD!! LoL

just because this band is so kickass. Saw this band recently the first time evar and they put up an amazing performance. I also had the chance to talk to Dan Mongrain after the show a short time.. I must say I really enjoy also the Post Society EP alot.

from the Classics:

Dimension Hatröss
Killing (Sex) Technology
Nothingface
Phobos
Rrröööaarr
War and Pain (I only like a few songs on this album the production is horrible)