GMD Poll: Megadeth's Discography Ranked

#3 Countdown to Extinction (1992)

668.jpg

Average points per vote: 11/15

1st place votes: 1

TB and HBB fight about if Countdown to Extinction is Thrash

But youthanasia and countdown to Extinction are not at all thrash. They threw away the speed and went with a straight metal approach. Hate to be that guy who splits hairs over subgenres, but they really are not thrash albums.

lol. So you hear no thrash in those two albums? :lol: trust me, ive been splitting hairs over subgenres ever since ive been here and have been listening to thrash for just about my whole life. And that is honestly a pretty ridiculous statement.

they are thrash/heavy albums. RateYourMusic is your friend.

Countdown to Extinction
Mz3IO4n.png

Youthanasia

byHyMPI.png

Oh and Youthanasia is not remotely thrash metal. Countdown to Extinction has hints, but if you look at things objectively and forget the band recording the album, it's about as much thrash metal as, say, a post-Skunkworks Bruce Dickinson album. A few songs with heavier chugging riffs =/= a thrash metal album.

dude, we've went through this.You are the last person here who should be labeling what is and what isn't thrash. "protest the hero are technical thrash metal" amirite? :lol:

and please, im telling you again stop trying to pass yourself off as some kind of thrash metal guy when you were nothing but a little flower metal pansy when i joined this forum.

BRO

BROOOOOO

BROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

#2 Peace Sells... But Who's Buying? (1986)

662.jpg

Average points per vote: 12.1/15

1st place votes: 2

I seriously have a hard time understanding why people think RIP is better than PSBWB. Peace Sells is faster, more aggressive...fuck it's just more metal. How anyone can compare Polaris to My Last Words goes right over my head....Polaris feels like a fucking walk through a field of flowers compared to the gnarly guitar and raw feeling of speed in My Last Words.....and when it comes to opening an album, Ill admit Holy Wars kicks ass but it didn't come close to topping Wake Up Dead, especially when it comes to solos.

#1 Rust in Peace (1990)

593.jpg

Average points per vote: 14.7/15

1st place votes: 11

Holy Wars is the greatest thrash metal song of all time...period dot. Dave's solo at the end is fuckin' mindblowing and builds to a peak that feels like a fuckin' orgasm. It's the perfect thrash metal song on the perfect thrash metal album.

Rust in Peace pretty much defines what thrash metal is in my opinion.

Wasn't paying close attention, didn't realize RIP was going to sweep it so strongly. Both Peace albums are top metal at their best.