For them lyricists out there

Crack Hitler

homeless
Jul 26, 2002
Finland
www.voihyvaluoja.tk
How do you cope with writer's block?

When you have _the_ big idea and thoughts for lyrics already in your mind but still you've like half of the stuff to write and nothing comes out :yell: everything you try to put to paper sounds like shit and feels like it's said a million times already. Even better when you have a tight frame to fit the lyrics into (melody and rhytm of the vocals are ready) and every remotely fine line just doesn't fit :cry:

Yeah I know, I usually have the same thing. That's why my mobiles text messages are always full, 'cause I save my ideas in it :)

But it's this particular case I've so much trouble with. Mainly 'cause I need to have a proper (erm.. what's the word?) 'curve' - progression, if you will - in lyrics since it's a 10 minute song. So I gotta match my lyrics with the songs highs and lows as well.

erm.. you know?

take key moments from this forum and past 'em together to make ten minutes of lyrics. theres enough verbal carry on in the get it all out thread for a concept album ffs

i usually think all the time,against my will,i have some things that could look ok in paper,while im walking around or while in the bus(the bus is more romantic as it feels like a movie,watching all these things go before your eyes :lol: ),but im usually so bored to record it...so many ideas get lost like.but i think that if i cared more about it,i could do it somehow.

i see what you mean, Jussi.When i was little i swore to myself that i would read as many books as i could,in order to obtain the means to take out the things i had inside me.it feels bad when you are incapable of doing it.and people who lack in expression can be very sad and nervous.

Talent is an issue as well:)

i rarely get an inspiration but when it happens i surely have no paper, or im just tossing about in bed wanting to sleep.. once i started a novel on a tram ticket, haha

drugs: maybe just some soft thing to ease you up

wel, i know exactly what you mean. I oince wanted to write about a certain subject, i informed myself about it and got a bit into it somehow, so that i thought it'd be easy to find the words to describe the topic...but...guess what when i actually wanted to write about it, lyrics like, nothing came to my mind, i think this topic still lingers in my mind and it's been there for 2 year now haha, still pity!

maybe you ask a mate tpo help you or ask if he/her has an idea how to start like, so that you can go on in your style after a couple of lines, dunno really. Or leave the lyrics out if you feel you can't come up with sth and it'd be not neccessary to put some lyrics in.

Crack Hitler said:
Yeah I know, I usually have the same thing. That's why my mobiles text messages are always full, 'cause I save my ideas in it :)
you text message idea compliments mine.. but I had forgotten all about it until just now, Ive just found some stuff from a while ago :eek:
Evil :ill:

usually when writing comes to interrupt whatever I'm doing, so I leave it and I begin to write, but usually when the flow of ideas isn't that good and I can't seem to get it out right I just leavie it and pick it up later after I take a breath or a long walk, or maybe after a few weeks,..months..hehe

Morpheus said:
maybe you ask a mate tpo help you or ask if he/her has an idea how to start like, so that you can go on in your style after a couple of lines, dunno really. Or leave the lyrics out if you feel you can't come up with sth and it'd be not neccessary to put some lyrics in.
It's not the start I'm having trouble with. I know almost exactly what I should be saying in the later parts, but I just can't get it to work. And leaving the lyrics out wouldn't work either. It already has quite some instrumental parts and besides them lyrics still need a resolution, proper ending if you will :(

(they are the same lyrics I was writing like a couple of months ago when we were icq'ing :ill: )

Strangelight said:
you text message idea compliments mine.. but I had forgotten all about it until just now, Ive just found some stuff from a while ago :eek:
I know that feeling. I sometimes remember to dig up those old ideas like months after I put them down. This time tho they're not any help, atleast not anymore since I already used one of 'em to build a second verse :D

Strangelight said:

I used to do that, it was well funny to read stuff I'd written down well drunk. But in the end it got sad, I much more like believing I think up great poems all the time, but just fail to write them down :Spin: .

Hey Bambi, the follow up would be "Ode to E-arrogance" :Spin: .