For those interested: More ProgPower bands announced...

JayKeeley said:
This year, I'm liking Pyramaze a lot and Savage Circus -- well, I don't know what to make of it. I like it because it sounds SO MUCH like Blind Guardian, but that also makes me feel guilty and icky for some strange reason. :tickled:
Well, it was written by a member of Blind Guardian while he was still a member of Blind Guardian.

JayKeeley said:
Well, like I say, I always hold out for the oddballs. Into Eternity and Orphaned Land alone sold me on previous years.
It sounds like you should prepare to be disappointed, as Glenn posted this in my thread about Epica being an oddball:

"Before you folks go nuts with all the Borknasorgs of the world, remember that Pink Cream 69 was the "oddball" last year."

That doesn't necessarily mean you won't get your wish. But it sounds like Glenn may have something different in mind this year.

Zod

As long as I'm able to afford it, or don't have a legitimate scheduling conflict, I'll attend unless BOTH the following scenarios occur:

1) None of my friends are going (a scenario unlikely to occur)

2) 9 out of 10 bands fail to interest me (this has never occurred and is already ruled out this year as both Pyramaze and Savage Circus interest me greatly)

Jason

General Zod said:
The wife and I were watching the Wacken 2004 DVD last night. I think we've decided to go to Wacken 2007. We'd go this year, but our vacation days are pretty well spoken for; 16 days in Mexico, 5 in Puerto Rico, 3 in Atlanta.

See you next year.:headbang:

Zod

If you can make it, don't you dare leave without me! :loco:

Dark One said:
If you can make it, don't you dare leave without me! :loco:
I was hoping (not sure how possible it will be), to see if we can't get a group of us out there. I'm guessing JK would love to go, if factors allow for it. And I'm guessing Guggs would go, if he's got the cash and the line-up interests him. Maybe we could talk lurch70 into it as well.

Zod

General Zod said:
Well, it was written by a member of Blind Guardian while he was still a member of Blind Guardian.

So he wrote the music? Interesting because he only co-wrote 4 songs between Tales and Opera for BG. I'm dying to give this a proper listen, especially now that I know there may be a chance of seeing them.

Still, gotta wonder if people are liking them on their own merit or because they sound like BG.

Glenn posted this in my thread about Epica being an oddball:

"Before you folks go nuts with all the Borknasorgs of the world, remember that Pink Cream 69 was the "oddball" last year."

That is music to my ears. That implies Glenn regards Orphaned Land as a 'regular' entry at ProgPower which can only mean he's willing to look beyond the usual suspects, and still not regard them as an oddball.

That doesn't necessarily mean you won't get your wish. But it sounds like Glenn may have something different in mind this year.

One can only hope. But hey, the sure-to-be magnificent Heathen Crusade (based on lineup alone) is this weekend. :kickass:

JayKeeley said:
So he wrote the music?
As I understand it, yes.

JayKeeley said:
Still, gotta wonder if people are liking them on their own merit or because they sound like BG.
Since the two are so similar, it's hard to say. I like it because the songs are cool.

JayKeeley said:
One can only hope. But hey, the sure-to-be magnificent Heathen Crusade (based on lineup alone) is this weekend. :kickass:
I'll see you "kick ass" emoticon and raise you one.:kickass::kickass:

Zod