ProgPower Bands 2006

Pharaoh

Oct 16, 2002
LITITZ, PA
Visit site
Glenn just announced the lineup for this year.
From the ProgPower USA site, he says;
"ProgPower USA VII will take place on Friday and Saturday, September 15 and 16 at Earthlink Live in Atlanta. Tickets will go on sale Saturday, April 1 at 10 a.m. EST via all Ticketmaster outlets. Only 900 tickets will be made available to the public. Advance Gold Badges, which presently have a two-year wait list, are sold out."
Here are the bands (so far)......First 2 are headliners (Nevermore closes the show Saturday night).
Where is Circus Maximus ??? :yell: :cry:
Anyone heard Mercenary? (a friend tells me they are incredible)

NEVERMORE
EVERGREY
EPICA
MERCENARY
FREAK KITCHEN
SAVAGE CIRCUS
THUNDERSTONE
PYRAMAZE
VISION DIVINE
WASTEFALL

Circus Maximus played last year so the soonest they could return is 2008, I believe..it used to be that bands had to skip one year before they could return, but I think Glenn recently extended it to two.

Jax said:
Circus Maximus played last year so the soonest they could return is 2008, I believe..it used to be that bands had to skip one year before they could return, but I think Glenn recently extended it to two.

Oh right..duh...too early, I didn't have my coffee yet. Thanks, Jax.
:dopey:

Mercenary is incredible. Most people seem to like 11 Dreams the best, so if you're interested in checking them out start with that first. I think I may like Everblack better myself, but it's close. Though if you're the type of person who can't stand growls, don't check the band out at all. :p They're an interesting mixture of power/death metal. I'm mainly going for them, Freak Kitchen and Nevermore. It should be cool to see Evergrey with a choir and stuff though. I can't wait for Sept!

seriously almost worth it to blow my tax return on plane tickets/hotel and the works...if only symphony x was there, I would...

Epica though? yuk...wheres After Forever when you really need them...

RobbM said:
Epica though? yuk...wheres After Forever when you really need them...

They are too busy putting out more shitty albums.

Believe me, i love Prison of Desire and Decipher. They were spectacular, but since Mark left to form Epica, the band has gone downhill... Invisible Circles was abysmal. At least Epica is a satisfactory rip-off band.

I have never seen Freak Kitchen live, but I have actually dreamed about it and in my heart of hearts I truly know they will OWN the night. I really hope they will play the older material instead of just stuff from Organic.

The Stormbringer said:
Ugh... two of the most overrated bands right now at the top of the bill. :yuk:

I agree with Nevermore being overrated...saw them on Gigantour...a total waste of stage space. I like Evergrey however they've done ProgPower to death, but the choir & orchestra should make it interesting. Would like to see Wastefall, but they're on Sat. bill. I'll be picking up a single ticket for Fri to see Pyramaze & Evergrey....should be easy to get & cheap.

They haven't sold single night tickets for 2-3 years or more now..one ticket gets you a laminate for the weekend.

I keep losing more and more faith in you folks. First of all new rock boots are silly, then nevermore is overrated? Absolutel blasphemy! I know that my oppinion is no more or less valid than anyone else's, but to call nevermore overrated is just downright absurd.

Jax said:
They haven't sold single night tickets for 2-3 years or more now..one ticket gets you a laminate for the weekend.

As soon as the fanboys that scarf up all the tickets on the first day realize what a weak lineup ProgPower has this year, they'll be dumping them. Was able to get a one day ticket last year off the ProgPower forum for $ 25 a month before the show. Just like when they hookup with a chick...they shoot their wads before they think. :loco: