For those of you NOT familiar with ICED EARTH....

Dark Genesis has the Enter the Realm demo in it. (Gene Adam vox) Tracklist as follows
1. Enter The Realm *
2. Colors
3. Nightmares*
4. Curse The Sky
5. Solitude
6. Iced Earth
*not on s/t meaning most fans only know about the Barlow recordings from days of purgatory, though Enter the Realm is an instrumental
There are no Enter The Realm demo's on CD otherwise. its all on cassette.
It think it would have been better for them to pick and choose some things.
They don't need Dark Genesis save the badass booklet and Enter The Realm.
The Meloncholy Ep is acceptable because it has Colors live, along with 2 covers, The Ripper (Judas Priest), and Shooting Star (Bad Company)

If you can't tell, I am a HUGE IE fan. Id say go for either Days of Purgatory or Something Wicked This Way Comes. Afterwards get the Dark Saga. This way you can build appreciation of 2 sides of Iced Earths spectrum. Dark Saga is like the Dark Ride to Helloween. Though I think more metalheads approved of this more than the Dark Ride.

Then if you like Something Wicked, get Framing Armageddon. This is the best Ripper cd ever to me. and I'm also a huge fan of his work in Winters Bane, Judas Priest, and more than half of his Beyond Fear creation.
Then Id suggest getting Horror Show.
After you've collected everything from Barlow, get Night of The Stormrider. Greely is a great singer in his own rite.
Then get the Glorious Burden pack with the Gettysburg CD.
finally get the s/t.

I am currently hunting for the Purgatory Demo's
I have been able to get a hold of the Psychotic Dreams demo, that has a different "Jack" and a song called "Jason" from Friday 13th.

I vote Burnt Offerings or Horror Show to start, but it really depends on what you like. BTW Anaon, is that a mellotron for your picture?

Absolutely, it's the fabulous Mellotron :)

The Wicked One, thank you!

I'm not really into heavy metal since some years but I'd like to discover new stuffs actually. I love Blind Guardian, Demons and Wizards, so I tought about Iced Earth :)
I'm a big Judas Priest fan as well...

oh well. I prefer the imports.
I have the European version of the Glorious Burden with a tour list on a sticker. It came as a 2 disc set with the Gettysburg trilogy and the extras like When the Eagle Cries unplugged.

NTM all of my Persuader Cds are from Sweden as well as my Persuader shirt and SC's debut.