For those of you that still care about Star Trek...

Blurry_Dreams

Apr 2, 2018
there's still more of it going on apparently

That doesn't mean the series will just be retreading old ground, though. "When we said we heard the fans' outpouring of love for Pike, Number One and Spock when they boarded Star Trek: Discovery last season, we meant it," executive producer Alex Kurtzman commented when the new series was announced. "These iconic characters have a deep history in Star Trek canon, yet so much of their stories have yet to be told. The Enterprise, its crew and its fans are in for an extraordinary journey to new frontiers in the Star Trek universe."

This is far from the only Star Trek project coming soon to the small screen. Star Trek: Discovery season 4 is expected to touch down sometime this year, while Star Trek: Picard season 2 is set to arrive in 2022. The second series of animated comedy Star Trek: Lower Decks is also due on August 12, 2021. There's no release date for Strange New Worlds just yet.

https://www.gamesradar.com/star-trek-strange-new-worlds-will-excite-old-school-fans-says-lead/

Tried watching the original last summer. Made it through like five episodes before calling it quits.

Haha!! Yeah they kinda do. I was hoping for some amusing sixties weirdness and there really wasn’t any. Even my kids were like “this sucks”

my earliest memories are my mom re-watching all the 60s star trek episodes in preparation for the first episode of The Next Generation
and then me and my mom watching the first episode of the next generation the first time it broadcasted
i watched all of Deep Space 9 and all of Voyager and all of Enterprise and all of the movies but i haven't bothered seeing Discovery or Picard and I've only seen a few episodes of The Lower Decks and now there's this new show with captain Christopher pike that i haven't even heard anything about till this morning

i dont know shit about ST, but that one babe had some big melons.

Better off watching Firefly than uber shitty ST.
Prime Morena Baccarin is hands down a top 10 all-time beaut.

If ye want something a little more engrossing, albeit silly, and irritably disjointed towards the end watch BSG.

Always heard Babylon 5 was grand af ,but never got around to it.

Trekkies are queers. Discuss

Better off watching Firefly than uber shitty ST.

i will agree that Firefly >>>>>>>>>> the original 60's Star Trek
but i did enjoy TNG DS9 and Voyager
although shoving a gay couple into the show seemed like crazy SJW bulshit

star-trek-2.jpg

Prime Morena Baccarin is hands down a top 10 all-time beaut.

what you mean by prime?? she never really stopped looking pretty
still looks good in Deadpool
and i absolutely loved her in V
https://www.google.com/search?q=mor...QXoo6Bw&bih=955&biw=1920&client=firefox-b-1-d

If ye want something a little more engrossing, albeit silly, and irritably disjointed towards the end watch BSG.

which one you talking about??
1978 or 2003??
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battlestar_Galactica_(disambiguation)

Always heard Babylon 5 was grand af ,but never got around to it.

what made Babylon 5 "grand" or "awesome" or whatever-the-fuck-adjective people used to say it was better than other Sci-Fi at the time was this

Unusually for the time, Babylon 5 was conceived as a "novel for television" with a pre-planned five-year story arc, each episode envisioned as a "chapter".[2] Whereas contemporary television shows tended to maintain the overall status quo, confining conflicts to individual episodes, Babylon 5 featured story arcs which spanned multiple episodes and even seasons, effecting permanent changes to the series universe

and i remember someone talking about how because of the "arc-of-the-show" the very last episode was already scripted before the very first episode was even filmed

Trekkies are queers. Discuss

yeah
i can agree with this
Trekkies are queer
i haven't even bothered to watch any Star Trek shit since the end of Enterprise (except the theatrical released movies)
i was planning on binge-watching Star Trek Discovery right before they shoved that gay couple into the show

i saw a few episodes of The Lower Decks and it was actually a pretty hilarious show
Star Trek producers producing a hilarious parody of Star Trek
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Trek:_Lower_Decks