For those who are using Logic 8

The fact that you can't copy settings between songs via the audio config that you can in 7, made me switch back.

In Logic 8, on the top menu, not the arrange menu, click Window, then hit Environment. From there, you can do a lot of the same things that you were able to do within the Environment only Logic 7.

Otherwise, if it's something from a channel strip in the mixer, or a specific region you need to copy from the arrange area, both are very easy to do. At the top of the channel strip, it says 'Setting', click-hold, then select 'Save Setting as...' then open your other session, do the same, but load the setting.

As for the latter, you can drag and drop regions between session windows.

I'd use it more often if I could figure out (or if it's even possible) how to detach the main track window from the mix/midi/etc windows that pop up from down below. I want the window with tracks alone, and to open other things separately on my other display or at least make it easy to just apple+w them out of the way.

separate mixer window= apple/command,2
i find logic 8 easy to use. opened songs from logic express 7 mid sesh and was easily able to adapt. seemed like basic functionality was almost identical.
didnt like the amp sims, but they`re okay for scratch tracks. adaptive limiter and multipress are sweet
Wave burner is also the shit!!! the studio pack has everything you need for a wicked low price.