For those who bought Nightwish Atlanta tickets...

Nightmare1z

Jun 24, 2002
Marietta, GA
Well, I guess it's been cancelled off ticketmasters website. Unlike the other dates though that still show the Nightwish tour dates but cancelled, the Atlanta date just disappeared.

To find out - if you click on your view order, it says event cancelled.

Which is fine - I knew that. But they didn't even send me an e-mail about it being cancelled or a refund. Their policy says that I have to contact them about getting a refund. I guess the convenience charge is so that I have to do all the work in finding about getting a refund?! I don't understand either, cause other dates that were cancelled sent people an e-mail about it, and most got refunds. Some had this problem where they had to mail in their ticket or some crap like that.

Just wondering if anyone has gotten their refund from the Atlanta date yet (they better give us a refund - and I know minus the fees).

Ticketmaster, how I hate ye...

:yell:

When they cancelled the Orlando show from the first tour, it took a week or two to get an e-mail about a refund. Since it took so long for them to even list the Atlanta date as cancelled, it wouldn't surprise me at all if they don't send anyone refund e-mails at all. Gotta love TicketBastard.

--Mike

Im surprised they'd even send them at all. If I was Ticket(cock)master, I'd so make THEM contact ME about refunds, becuase you gotta figure, people will forget or be too lazy to get the refund , which means, free easy $$ for them.

I got my money back for the New York show including all fees. I did not have a problem; maybe it was because i purchased them at a ticketmaster outlet as opposed to online.

Here's what I received from ticketmaster...

"Dear Jonathan,

Thank you for contacting us regarding order number ########. Occasionally,
events are cancelled. When this happens, every effort is made to ensure all
customers receive a prompt refund of the ticket price and associated
Ticketmaster convenience charge (in most states the per order handling charge is
non-refundable).

To receive a refund for a cancelled event, return your ticket(s) to the point of
purchase. If you ordered online or over the telephone, you must return your
tickets to:

Ticketmaster Consumer Support
Attn: Canceled Event
4445 Corporation Lane
Virginia Beach, VA 23462

As agreed to during the ticket purchasing process, tickets cannot be cancelled,
exchanged or refunded under circumstances not described above. This policy has
been provided to Ticketmaster by the venues/promoters. The $3.55 per order
processing fee and any UPS delivery charges are non-refundable.

To receive a refund for these tickets, they must be received in our offices no
later than Saturday, April 30, 2005.

If you have any further questions, please reply and include all previous
correspondence.

Sincerely,
Ashton (Customer Support)

TRACKING NUMBER: A00003344885-00014898722"

Well, I guess I have to mail the tickets back to them to get the refund. Stupid Ticketbastard...

Well, I called Ticketmaster customer service too, they said the same damn crap. Said its for all events that are cancelled - so who knows. I just don't know how they established the date April 30th... Hell, they didn't even notify me by e-mail, so its like, I would just miss out on a refund because I didn't even know?!

One day Ticketmaster will fall, and I will be there... I will be there... :)

A few months ago I had a ticket I purchased online to a show that got cancelled and TM was surprisingly good with issuing a refund. Within a couple weeks they credited the card I used when I ordered. Hopefully you guys get the same treatment.

I called TM today, and got my refund confirmed. Yes, they keep the $3.55, but that doesn't make me as mad as Nightwish cancelling this freakin' tour! This band is going to have to get their act together, because this has been a hassel on their U.S. fan base! If Sonata Arctica, Stratovarius, Edguy, and HammerFall can do a tour over here, so can they! I'm pretty pissed off at this dumbass band right now!

Forget Nightwish; you can stick a fork in 'em. They're done...as far as the USA is concerned. It's a shame that such a talented band -- hell, a band I co-sponsored in 2003 for PPUSA -- will almost certainly not 'break' over here, but after first postponing and then cancelling a US tour, without a really good reason (that I've heard), after tickets were already on sale.... Well, that's it. Damned shame, really.