Nightwish Tour Cancelled ??

Wishmaster said:
They've had problems with securing visas in the past. Since 9/11 it's been a real pain for bands to do that, hence the scheduling so far in advance. Ask Glenn. I'm sure the visa process drives him crazy, too.

--Mike

Why go to all that trouble to secure visas? Just do what millions of illegal aliens do and just sneak across the Texas/Mexico border! And if they're caught, the border patrol folks will simply drop them off at a bus station in Brownsville.

Schizoid Man said:
Why go to all that trouble to secure visas? Just do what millions of illegal aliens do and just sneak across the Texas/Mexico border! And if they're caught, the border patrol folks will simply drop them off at a bus station in Brownsville.

Hahahaha, funny. But unfortunately, Nightwish is an international Metal power (at least outside North America) and why THE FUCK WOULD THEY HAVE ANY VISA PROBLEMS?

Yup, the New York date is officially off. I just returned my tickets to CD World in Union, NJ where I originally bought them and after they called Ticket Master to confirm everything the show is indeed cancelled altogether. Luckily they didn't keep an service charge or convenience fee and gave me my $77 that I originally paid total for the two tickets back in full.

Out of that money I picked up "Tales from the Thousand Lakes" by Amorphis and "Dead or Dreaming" by Into Eternity. I am liking what I am hearing so maybe I will check that tour out now.

And, just yesterday I got an email from TM stating that my ticket for the Atlanta gig has been printed and shipped. Don't know if that means Atlanta is canceled or not . . .

Steve in Philly

Harvester said:
Atlanta was one of the last places to put tickets on sale via ticketmaster, thus it is behind.

The *entire* tour has been canceled.

Glenn H.

Glenn, do you have any idea how long it takes for Ticketmaster to acknowledge the cancellation, and to refund your money back?

Oh well. Back to the Per-party. . . certainly not a bad consolation prize!

Ya know, I was pissed when Nightwish was first scehduled for late April in Philly, when I was going to be on vacation. I wished for something different. I guess I got it :)

Steve in Philly

Schizoid Man said:

Seriously man.. if Nightwish was to be left out by themselves in that hot desert, they would seriously die... Imagine what their sking would look like under that sun.... given that they're from Finland... lol

Metropolis Part 2 said:
Hahahaha, funny. But unfortunately, Nightwish is an international Metal power (at least outside North America) and why THE FUCK WOULD THEY HAVE ANY VISA PROBLEMS?

I don't think the government really gives a shit how big they are in Europe or anywhere else. They're not coming here for a week-long holiday.

Shaye