Nightwish Tour Cancelled ??

Mr. Kashchei

New Metal Member
Feb 9, 2005
I just got an e-mail from Ticketmaster stating that the Nightwish show in Chicago that had been rescheduled for Sept. 13 has now been cancelled and I will be refunded for my tickets.

Has anyone heard anytinhg else about this? I don't know if it just Chicago or if it is the whole tour.

Only 2 shows from the rescheduled tour have been cancelled according to Ticketmaster...

Why they're cancelled...I have no clue. If they cancel the full tour...again...ARGH

9/12/05 Cleveland OH
9/13/05 Chicago, IL

guess that means no "Mystery European Guest" I really wanted to hear those guys too.

Something about Nightwish and US tour that don't work well together. Over the summer the first few dates were cancelled. Then spring tour cancelled. Now fall tour dates being dropped? The more jeopardized this tour gets, the less interested I become. At least Sonata is still playing in the spring, and of course the mighty Progpower in the fall :) . Too bad that Chicago fest is 21 and up, if i'm willing to drive 12 hours to Atlanta (from Baltimore), I most definately would've gone to see Tad Morse (again) and Morgana Lefay's "US Debut". ohh well.

Because I'm too lazy to type twice I"ll paste my own post from the NW forum:

It comes down to having to set up tentative plans with venues because they need advance scheduling and then trying to make it work. Unfortunately, tickets are sold without confirmation and the band looks bad. The venues and TM refuse to wait for confirmation (because they don't have to) and they sell too early on speculation. Really, that's where the fault lies. You can't blame the band because they have to try to set these things up in advance before they can confirm. Blame Almighty TM for jumping the gun!

I think the NW management is trying very hard to make this happen too early. That's all. We gotta wait.

They've had problems with securing visas in the past. Since 9/11 it's been a real pain for bands to do that, hence the scheduling so far in advance. Ask Glenn. I'm sure the visa process drives him crazy, too.

--Mike

How then is Glenn able to get everything set in stone way before tickets are released by TM? I'm not being a smartass, I'm just curious. :)

Bad Girl Tess said:
How then is Glenn able to get everything set in stone way before tickets are released by TM? I'm not being a smartass, I'm just curious. :)
One show; one venue; one date

as appose to.....

edit: I refuse to change my mistake as it is corrected below. I need more sleep!:Spin:

The whole tour has been cancelled according to Jaxx website. Oh well, I saw Nightwish last year plus Sonata I will still see play with Overkill at BB Kings.