Fores† of Oc†ober

I like quite large bits of Orchid and FoO is one my favourites. Like affinity says, it does have some blinding riffs and I guess it's a frequent criticism that the earlier stuff has a more disjointed feel.

The Apostle In Triumph, Sillhouette & The 2nd part of Requiem (Mastering Fuckup) are the highlights of Orchid imo. Some of IMSWS is good too. But overall this album is far from Opeth's best.

OpethNZ said:
yeah i thought the same thing, he even did the gay hair movements....infact he reminds me alot of steven wilson

Yeah, looks like SW's kid brother. Not half bad guitar playing. There are some key notes that seem to be hinting towards a different modality than in the original, which is sort of interesting. It would have been cool to see some more exploration with the solos. Though, I sort of feel that way about seeing Opeth live. I'd like to see them jam and stray from the recorded solos a bit more. Notable exception: UTWM on this last tour and Closure.

some of the slow riffs in orchid and morningrise are so boring. they r too much repeating , fallin me asleep :bah: