Forest of october is it finally 'in season'

Sep 19, 2005
Belfast
Sorry for that pathetic attempt at humour,
I cant get enough of this track, im thinking its maybe one of the best written opeth songs period, its certainly covers the dynamic we all love, and has some crushing riffs.
Mike and the lads have been playing SPD and other tracks either not usually played live in years such as SPD and Wreath has had its first outing recently, i wonder if its time to blow the bollox off us all with this absoulte corker of a tune.

100% Agreed, one of the best opeth songs. The part at 11:10 and the solo after it is perfection. It's really really fun to play on guitar aswell. From the videos I've watched of it live, it is even better, so yeah, opeth should put this on the setlist for the upcoming headlining tours!

Hmm, you seem to have made two threads for this...

They played this one when I saw them at the Forum in London. I'm not a fan of Orchid but it probably is one of the better tracks on there.

As much as I love Orchid, Forest of October is my least favorite track on the disc. It's my second least favorite Opeth song behind Dirge for November. Serenity Painted Death is a great song, glad they're playing it. Wreath could go either way for me. I'd really love to hear Twilight or Apostle from Orchid live.

i dont really like forest either, but dirge to me is one of the most emotion destroying songs of all time, like its so impacting.

I wish they would play in the mist she was standing, that is one hell of a song.

and advent. they dont stick to the same tempo in the live version in the inferno fest movie from several years back. its amazing how much energy gets built up in the end of the song.