Forest Stream reviews

http://music.reviewindex.co.uk/reviews_uk/B00007IFRH.html

God bless our weirdness... Now we have SoMn from Swi?zerland... God Almighty...
=====
a black-fairytale masterpiece

Its not often i come across bands such as forest stream. probably because of their rare talent in producing excellent music. me, im usually into black/death metal and grindcore, my tastes being bands such as decapitated, cannibal corpse, hate eternal, dark funeral and nasum. i came across this band on earach and i was stunned. its incredible, they use english and swiss, singing and screaming. but its rare you come across a metal band such as this,because they are great musicians in their music, and even though im a massive fan of fast, screaming death metal, (im in a band using these qualities) it doesnt have an awful lot of talent involved. where this band does. i dont actually have this album but i recommend this to any extreme metal fan who wants something a little different.

I rate Tears of Mortal Solitude - 5/5

Russell said:
You're Swiss? :OMG:

Sure... now I am cursed... I am Swiss and you are Aussie. Shit. Forgive me for my stupid joke about you being Aussie... It always gets back to me. Now I am Aussie... shit I mean you are a Swiss but the other way around... Up side down so to say. :cry: Saussige :cry:... Swiss Swiss Saussige from Soviet Union... :cry: vildswin... :cry: :cry:
:yell: Lee knows what's goin on...

http://www.vibrationsofdoom.com/issues/current.htm

FOREST STREAM "Tears Of Mortal Solitude" (Earache) SCORE: 100/100

All I have to say is: WOW! This is the highlight CD of this issue and what has to be at least one of the top 3 of CD's this year! But in which category? The bio on the back of the CD says it best: "Symphonic, blackened doom of the highest possible quality. Epic, majestic and suicidal, is a crestfallen classic." Sorry guys, but I really can't do much better than that. Many of the songs here easily surpass the 8 minute mark, but I guarantee you there is not ONE single dull moment on ANY track. Many of these songs run through damn near EVERY single human emotion ot be found: anger, sorrow, melancholia, despair, rage, beauty, and damn, I think this band ran out of emotions! There's no more that they could possibly touch! Here's an example: a track like 'Legend' starts off like somewhat fast paced black metal, with amazingly epic and melodic synths, only to add melodic piano notes within and they change structures in every song quite frequently. 'Last Season Purity' showcases their doom metal styled guitar work from the start, and upon first listen you never know what sort of instrumental variations are going to hit you. The synth and guitar passages mesh amazingly well together, putting over on you some of the catchiest and most heart rending passages I've yet to hear in music. This is a CD people should be raving about for years to come! 'Black Swans' has the opening flute like notation, and extremely rich instrumentation, and amazing lead guitar solos! You will be surprised to hear track 6, 'Whole,' as this is the first song to make use of amazing clean sung vocals, which they also do on 'Black Swans.' The vocal work is mainly black and death metal, with a few guttural passages on 'Mel Kor.' An amazing instrumental 'Steps Of Mankind,' a short one at that, closes out this album is great fashion, and I cannot say too much more about this amazing masterpiece, hailing from Russia of all places. This sounds to me like the most innovative creation that Mental Home could have come up with, had they advanced by several years. As it is, it's Earache and not The End Records that brings us probably the BEST band to EVER hail from Russia. The highest possible rating we can possibly give it...
Contact: Earache Records, 2nd Floor, 43 West 38th Street, New York, NY 10018
Web site: http://www.earache.com

Lee always knows what's going on, Russell... That's the (devine) revelation... And if he says you are a colour blind Australian then he has a point:) After all and first of all: aren't you from Australia? After all including the first of all: you wear just awful! Still better than me though but that doesn't mean anything! Maybe I also have got a point, which is quite similar to Lee's one! You get it? Mark is also from Australia, but he wears normal. There's no connection between horrible wearing and being Australian! I am also russian, who cares, but I am in Holland, which has nothing to do with the Netherlands though as well as with England and of course with Australia where you are from... almost I mean! Still, you wear awful! Everyone knows that. Even these who never ever have seen ya before coz who the hell is gonna travel to Australia, where you are actually from, just because they need to see how bad you wear man, huh? But I think you also have got a point man, don't you? I mean it's like you stroll through a park and think peacefully - My name is Russell, I am australian Ph.D., I wear awful and god damn me if I don't think how awful to feel meself there an atom amidst the infinity of nature!
:LOL:
:LEE:
:RUSSELL:
:UM:

Sonm said:
Lee always knows what's going on, Russell... That's the (devine) revelation... And if he says you are a colour blind Australian then he has a point:) After all and first of all: aren't you from Australia? After all including the first of all: you wear just awful! Still better than me though but that doesn't mean anything! Maybe I also have got a point, which is quite similar to Lee's one! You get it? Mark is also from Australia, but he wears normal. There's no connection between horrible wearing and being Australian! I am also russian, who cares, but I am in Holland, which has nothing to do with the Netherlands though as well as with England and of course with Australia where you are from... almost I mean! Still, you wear awful! Everyone knows that. Even these who never ever have seen ya before coz who the hell is gonna travel to Australia, where you are actually from, just because they need to see how bad you wear man, huh? But I think you also have got a point man, don't you? I mean it's like you stroll through a park and think peacefully - My name is Russell, I am australian Ph.D., I wear awful and god damn me if I don't think how awful to feel meself there an atom amidst the infinity of nature!
:lol: I beg to differ my good man! Lee only said this due to his own lack of taste in the first place, which undermines your entire argument :saint:

:Mark:
:Sonm:
:lee:
:Berserk:
:Forest Stream:

Now, back to my Ph.D. :D

Russell said:
:lol: I beg to differ my good man! Lee only said this due to his own lack of taste in the first place, which undermines your entire argument :saint:

:Mark:
:Berserk:
:Forest Stream:

Now, back to my Ph.D. :D

Who do you know, Russel??!! Aren't you the one who lost his barret under the lee of a rock? You say Lee doesn't have a good taste, well here I can't argue coz I didn't eat him! So maybe you are right! At least now I know why Lee was saying you you wear awful! You was trying to eat him... poor Lee
:lee: I can see this in my mind... It's like a nightmare. Russell is trying to overtake Lee and bite a piece off his butt, Lee is runing away shouting piercingly : "YOU AUSTRALIAN COLOUR BLIND ASS, YOU STILL WEAR AWFUL!!!!" Actually I was bitten a piece off my butt once... Was walking in the local park and spoted a pile of rags. But I wasn't sure it were rags actually... so I decided to check and threw a stone and almost immediately discovered that it wasn't actually a pile of rags... Fucking dog was sleeping under a tree that's it, so I got bitten in my ass, but here is a different story! Obviously you are not a dog and Lee doesn't think you are a pile of rags, although I am not sure since wearing awfull can be considered as being a pile of rags, a walking pile of rags. But I must admit I ASSume a posibility of a stone to be thrown by Lee. And if that stone hit the target, which is you, then you can try to bite a piece of meat off Lee's but, isn't that logical? Hell knows what's goin on in Australia... Moreover! Now I have a difficulty with the fact that Lee is in Australia, coz he presumably can not throw a stone across the ocean can he? But you are in Australia!! That makes me think there is something wrong... Either Lee was talking about different colour blind, or you are not a Ph.D. student! you see my arguments good man? I see no connection between a stone thrown by Lee and your Ph.D. my friend. Explain yourself young man!
:COLOUR BLIND:
:AUSTRALIA:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sonm said:
Who do you know, Russel??!! Aren't you the one who lost his barret under the lee of a rock? You say Lee doesn't have a good taste, well here I can't argue coz I didn't eat him! So maybe you are right! At least now I know why Lee was saying you you wear awful! You was trying to eat him... poor Lee
Did you ever think of me in this situation? I may have been starving to death and been forced to eat Lee for survival.. Not that I did of course, were I going to eat someone for survival I don't think :lee: would be my first choice!

Sonm said:
:lee: I can see this in my mind... It's like a nightmare. Russell is trying to overtake Lee and bite a piece off his butt, Lee is runing away shouting piercingly : "YOU AUSTRALIAN COLOUR BLIND ASS, YOU STILL WEAR AWFUL!!!!"
Also if I was gonna use Lee as food, I'd definitely cook him first!

Sonm said:
Actually I was bitten a piece off my butt once... Was walking in the local park and spoted a pile of rags. But I wasn't sure it were rags actually... so I decided to check and threw a stone and almost immediately discovered that it wasn't actually a pile of rags... Fucking dog was sleeping under a tree that's it, so I got bitten in my ass, but here is a different story!
So you're comparing my eating habits to that of a dog? :cry:

Sonm said:
Obviously you are not a dog and Lee doesn't think you are a pile of rags, although I am not sure since wearing awfull can be considered as being a pile of rags, a walking pile of rags. But I must admit I ASSume a posibility of a stone to be thrown by Lee. And if that stone hit the target, which is you, then you can try to bite a piece of meat off Lee's but, isn't that logical?
BUTT are you REARly sure about what you say here Sonm? Do you think I'd wear rags, and if I did would Lee throw things at me?

Sonm said:
Hell knows what's goin on in Australia... Moreover! Now I have a difficulty with the fact that Lee is in Australia, coz he presumably can not throw a stone across the ocean can he? But you are in Australia!! That makes me think there is something wrong... Either Lee was talking about different colour blind, or you are not a Ph.D. student! you see my arguments good man? I see no connection between a stone thrown by Lee and your Ph.D. my friend. Explain yourself young man!
:COLOUR BLIND:
:AUSTRALIA:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yes, this is solved by the fact I'm not Australian my friend! :D That's Mark. Both Lee and I are of English nationality! My Ph.D.is on superconducting witches, need you any more proof? :tickled:

:ph.D.:
:Russian:
:Holland:
:Superconducting Witch:

:wave:

Russell said:
Did you ever think of me in this situation? I may have been starving to death and been forced to eat Lee for survival.. Not that I did of course, were I going to eat someone for survival I don't think :lee: would be my first choice!

Also if I was gonna use Lee as food, I'd definitely cook him first!

So you're comparing my eating habits to that of a dog? :cry:

BUTT are you REARly sure about what you say here Sonm? Do you think I'd wear rags, and if I did would Lee throw things at me?

Yes, this is solved by the fact I'm not Australian my friend! :D That's Mark. Both Lee and I are of English nationality! My Ph.D.is on superconducting witches, need you any more proof? :tickled:

:ph.D.:
:Russian:
:Holland:
:Superconducting Witch:

:wave:

*** "yes yes, my grandchild, they both were total crazy guys..."***

:loco: :loco: :loco:

R: Did you ever think of me in this situation? I may have been starving to death and been forced to eat Lee for survival.. Not that I did of course, were I going to eat someone for survival I don't think :lee: would be my first choice! Also if I was gonna use Lee as food, I'd definitely cook him first!

S: Actually I didn't get any reply from Lee for at least one week. Does that mean that dark London's suburbs are filled with frying meat smell? :cry:
Shit... I realLEE liked Lee as a person... What can I say? Rest in... piece... :cry:

R: BUTT are you REARly sure about what you say here Sonm? Do you think I'd wear rags, and if I did would Lee throw things at me?

S: No... to be honest I don't believe you wear rags! :cry: :lee: But if you insist...

R: Yes, this is solved by the fact I'm not Australian my friend! :D That's Mark. Both Lee and I are of English nationality! My Ph.D.is on superconducting witches, need you any more proof? :tickled:

Deep sigh...
I thought the key point was that dog that has bitten a piece off my butt... Hm... Forgive me Russell... Now I am convinced - you are an English... Lee is eaten... Mark is from Australia, although I swear he was saying he is in England... Now I am lost and dwell in deep depression... Superconducting witches... who do you know Russell? Who do you know...

*Sonm is embarrased and hides in his lee beneath the SQUID...

R: Did you ever think of me in this situation? I may have been starving to death and been forced to eat Lee for survival.. Not that I did of course, were I going to eat someone for survival I don't think :lee: would be my first choice! Also if I was gonna use Lee as food, I'd definitely cook him first!

S: Actually I didn't get any reply from Lee for at least one week. Does that mean that dark London's suburbs are filled with frying meat smell? :cry:
Shit... I realLEE liked Lee as a person... What can I say? Rest in... piece... :cry:

R:Also if I was gonna have :lee: for a meal if I was desperate and starving, I wouldn't fry him.. I think I'd go for a grill, it's healthier that way :saint: His notable absence from insulting my clothes in this thread doesn't bode well however... BUT I DIDN'T KILL HIM, I swear :cry:

R: Yes, this is solved by the fact I'm not Australian my friend! :D That's Mark. Both Lee and I are of English nationality! My Ph.D.is on superconducting witches, need you any more proof? :tickled:

S:Deep sigh...
I thought the key point was that dog that has bitten a piece off my butt... Hm... Forgive me Russell... Now I am convinced - you are an English... Lee is eaten... Mark is from Australia, although I swear he was saying he is in England... Now I am lost and dwell in deep depression... Superconducting witches... who do you know Russell? Who do you know...

*Sonm is embarrased and hides in his lee beneath the SQUID...

R:How is your butt then, have you recovered? :erk: That must have stung a bit at the time :yell: I believe Mark is staying here in the UK, yes. But what in that sentence persuaded you I'm English? I hide my Russian origins well, no? :saint: I hope this clears everything up and you can be a happy little bunny again.

Then you can invite the oompaloompas to sing on your next record as I suggested! But this still doesn't solve the mystery of my Barret being lost in the :lee: of a SQUID!!

:erk: