Forest Stream reviews

Jo, I hope it is not that shitty review? .. somehow I feel sad today..

Hi Somn :wave: I hope you are feeling happier today.

Cool comment from the reviewer: "yeah i really love everything i have heard on Elitist so far. Forest Stream's Tears of Mortal Solitude is bloody awesome i still cant stop listening to it."

The review:

Forest Stream – Tears of Mortal Solitude [Elitist]

This is the Russian groups first full length release, despite having been around since 1995. Originally inspired by the likes of My Dying Bride and Katatonia, Forest Stream’s sound is akin the early 90’s wave of English doom metal, with an element of the Norwegian black metal explosion. The album is particularly atmospheric for a metal release, symphonic, yet desolate and melancholy. Their sound has been self described as ‘tunes of dark despair’, and one could certainly not find a more fitting tag, though they have been labeled by some rather aptly as ‘Funeral Metal’. “Tears of Mortal Solitude” is certainly a well crafted, beautifully dark foray into doom/black metal. The 9 tracks clock in at around 68 minutes, so good value for money here too. The album actually is the first in a trilogy, “All the sorrow, all the majesty and all the hate”. This first part of the trilogy is said to represent “All the sorrow”. Definitely something here for those with a penchant for a bleak and crestfallen listening experience. 8/10

The last one made my day.:) There was a couple of crappy ones too, like 4/10:) But surprisingly enough all of them were made by brutal death and grind-core lovers... Why do they review us then?? Quite stupid to start with "I am not a big fan of doom"...

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA!!!! Well I drink enourmously apparently, coz the time they played in Tilburg I was talking to you in the hall!! How did you manage to be distributed between the stage and me so nobody noticed anything strange?:) :lol: