Forest Stream reviews

Me, me! I can translate it while I'm here.

"Many people think barely anything positive has appeared from Russia, and Tears of Mortal Solitude, the debut of Forest Stream doesn't exactly burst out of positivity. This however doesn't prevent it from being a brilliant album.
According to the promo letter the genre is blackened doom, but personally I'd place it under the genre of Anathema-influenced dark metal, though the first song, after very Agalloch-like intro practically copies Dimmu Borgir during Stormblåst even with sounds. At the same time Legend is in my opinion the worst song on the album, and futile for the sake of entity. That's why it may come as a surprise when the next song Last Season Purity brings forth all what Forest Stream really represents: Simple, beautiful melodies and extremely melancholic moods that could be played during the end of the world of humankind. The consequense is that the music practically exhales epic feeling and closeness to nature.
The force of the songs lies in all what is played and what is left not to be played, so that everything essential and necessary stays. All this is crowned by the convincing vocal performance by Sonm the Drunkest, containing everything possible from growl to pronunciation to clean vocals.
The production strengthens the music well in it's brigthness, but is on the other hand a bit too clinical for my taste. It can't however be said bad in any way.
Push the name Forest Stream into your minds. Tears of Mortal Solitude is so strong display, that you can afford to expect much from them in the future."

Windom:))) Wind of Pears !!! Who is the drunkest here?!:lol:

DB magazine 18/3 - 2/4
http://www.dbmagazine.com.au/300/cd-ForestStream.htm

"With nine tracks sprawled over 70 minutes, 'Tears Of Mortal Solitude' is an astounding, epic debut from this Russian three-piece. Forest Stream play a brand of symphonic, blackened doom that effortlessly crosses and blurs the boundaries between genres.

Unwinding slowly with the sparse opening notes of Autumn Elegy, 'Tears Of Mortal Solitude' is bleak but majestic. Although Forest Stream are clearly influenced by doom, their album doesn't have the claustrophobic, oppressive heaviness that made Mournful Congregation and Mourning Beloveth's recent releases so devastating. Rather, the album's transcendent melodies prevent it from being totally shattering, and in addition, make Forest Stream more accessible to people who perhaps wouldn't ordinarily listen to pure doom.

A couple of times the band's genre blending doesn't really work: Legend, for example, is basically a cardboard cut-out of melodic black metal ˆ la Dimmu Borgir (albeit considerably slowed down). However, when Forest Stream succeed (and this is the case for the overwhelming majority of tracks on the album), they succeed spectacularly.

The songs work as a series of movements, each metamorphosing through a spectrum of transformations which range from crushing heaviness to the gentlest melodies. However, each song still retains its individual character. Particular highlights include Last Season Purity where ethereal keyboards float over a sorrowful foundation, as well as the immense Showfall which balances bottomless, lurching riffing with haunting melodies.

'Tears Of Mortal Solitude' is only the first chapter of a conceptual triology which Forest Stream have in the works. Musically and lyrically, 'TearsÉ' embodies the theme of "All the Sorrow", with albums representing "All the Majesty" and "All the Hate" to follow.

A magnificent debut."

Thankies, Jo! I've seen so many reviews lately that I decided to stop uploading them here. HUNDREDS!!:)) But thank you again:)!

Rip It Up magazine - review in issue 8/5 - 14/5

"On Earache's certainly more underground sub label Elitist come Forest Stream, hailing from Russia. Forest Stream are akin to the likes earlier, less developed My Dying Bride, Katatonia and early Anathema as they play a dark, symphonic doom that's heavy and deathly whilst also majestic and melodic.
Many of the songs have a duration of nearly 10 minutes or so and portray an emotive scope while stile harking back to early '90s black death metal.
This mixture of styles wrapped within an extremely melodic scope makes, for the most part, fairly enchanting listening.
It's obvious here too that they've taken advantage of what appears to be a fairly small recording budget and mostly come up with the goods. Standout cuts include Legend, the atmospheric Mel Kor, Black Swans and the haunting Steps Of Mankind.
At times they might not appear as the most progressive doom act around, but Tears Of Mortal Solitude is a pretty fine and engrossing release along with being a good debut effort."