Forest Stream reviews

Forest Stream have finished their album Tears Of Mortal Solitude. The music is awesome. Melancholic and bombastic music which i think is inspired by Tristania (without female vocals) and/or My Dying Bride. When you listen to this album, it creates a certain atmosphere which i'm not sure of how to describe it. Maybe depressive is something in that direction. The sound from the record itself is kind of digital somehow though. But for listening to the record, it doesn't really matter, because the music isn't very complex and is really easy to listen to. That really is something that makes this album worth listening to.

Wouter

http://www.crowe.nl/

forest stream
tears of mortal solitude
earache records

this is the debut cd from forest stream, a russian based trio. this is a concept album, which is part of a trilogy called "all the sorrow, all the majesty, and all the hate". this record, entitled "tears of mortal solitude" is the first installment of the trilogy. these guys have been referred to as a doom band, and i guess my definition of doom differs from others, cause to me, this is basically a symphonic black metal record. these guys have some amazing licks and rhythms, and the keyboards are pretty rad too, but sometimes they dominate the recording a little too much, and drown out the guitars. other than that, there's really nothing wrong with this record. it's got everything a black metal fan would want: crazy metal rhythms and leads, symphonic aspects, and those raspy vocals you've come to know and love. some of the tracks are instrumentals, or mostly instrumental tracks, which are pretty rad. they help fortify the dark and gloomy sound this band is aiming to achieve. i'm not a huge fan of this kind of stuff, but this was a good record. if a black metal record is good by my standards, you know you gotta pick it up. i'm looking forward to hearing more from these guys!

http://www.calamityproject.com/review/index.php?rid=322

Reviewer: l-t-d from Worthing, West Sussex United Kingdom
Forest Stream, yet more undenyable quality from Sweden. 'Tears of Mortal Solitude' their debut; a stunning piece of work, this is not your steriotype Heavy Metal becasue it is deep and you can lose yourself in it's epic story-telling music.

First off all Gothic doesnt automatically mean all growling no singing, in fact Forest Stream have a nice juicy mixture of english, swiss singing and growling. This kind of metal wont make soft heart people running to the hills screaming insanly, yes Forest Stream's gothic side does have it's spooky side understandably but by no means is its pure halloween music, there ARE decent shows of talent in these musicians as of which can be seem in the guitar solo of 'Black Swans' far into its course.

Thie album gives a bit of winter feel aswell as the expected uneasy gothic spooky-ness. Unlike Cradle of Filth Forest Stream have more to them then attractive dark sinister sounds.

The outstanding songs in my point of view are, 'Black Swans', 'Last Season Purity', 'Legend' and 'Mel Kor'.

From Gothic dark underside to the metalish guitar melodic leads like that of the opening to 'Last Season Purity', Forest Stream stretch and combine to create a superb piece of musical art.

If you like such bands as CoF and of Opeth and are looking for something related but slight different you have found it.
Though Forest Stream won't have you in a revolutionary state, still, 'Tears of Mortal Solitude' will keep your ears attached and will make a cool, epic atmosphere around you 'till the end.

4/5

Cool:)! Do I know any word in swedish? I think yes! Sylt, Taak, Opeth, Karlsson well... Volvo and Saab!
:lol:

4-/5
FOREST STREAM
Tears of Mortal Solitude
Earache/Soyuz Music
doom metal
I remember mentioning this second Russian band who have signed with Britain's legendary Earache Records in the context of the recent Cradle of Filth gig, and, if my memory serves me right, there I said that the live impression of FS is far more arousing than that of their studio effort, and not without a reason. First - the sound in concert was much more convincing and dense, than the accurate strumming that crawled into me long trollish ears when I heard the CD. Secondly, and no less importantly, it is the visual aspect of the perception, which is simply not to be found, when you are left one on one with the studio material in the form of zeroes and ones put on a smooth and polished round piece of metal. As a result you are left with bare music, which, with all of its beautiful sadness and quiet charms, is still boring enough to leave one wanting to howl like a hungry wolf in bad weather and to crawl the walls like a spider-man. Although that is once again very individual - if My Dying Bride is yer thing - then Forest Stream is a must-be on the next shopping-list. (Troll)

Forest Stream, yet more undenyable quality from Sweden!!!!!! P2P!!!!
And you are right P2P... I dont speak swedish. Do you opeth me? Wildswin?!