Forest Stream

BrandonS

Apr 5, 2003
When I heard this band I was like "Wow, this band sounds like a young Opeth!" just because their debut CD was beautiful and sounded sort of opeth-influenced... It's called Tears of Mortal Solitude. It has very beautiful keyboard parts and guitar melodies and such. If you like Opeth, definately check out Forest Stream since now there is more of a chance of Opeth doing stuff more similar to this since they now have Per on board! And yes, that is a compliment to both opeth and forest stream. I think Forest Stream is like, what opeth COULD be soon. o_O

http://www.foreststream.net/ and they have a forum here.

The singer told me himself the band was influenced by Opeth, so suck it, trebek. They don't sound like a doom band. They sound more like Opeth than any other band anyone said sounded like opeth, so bleh.

They do sound like they were inspired by Opeth's Orchid. I listen to them some of the time. Thales(who may or may not have shared members with Farmakon) also have a similar sound. In fact I enjoy them a bit more; you can find most of their songs on their official website :yeah:

I've been meaning to download some Forest Stream stuff but I've been unable to find any on DC++. :/ I quite like the name of the band!

Henkka said:
I've been meaning to download some Forest Stream stuff but I've been unable to find any on DC++. :/ I quite like the name of the band!

didn't i post a link just now???