Forgotten Woods

Thanatopsis123

白鬼
Oct 13, 2002
日本
Visit site
Yet another band I'm amazed I don't hear more about. I only ran across them while looking something else up on the aquarius records site. I recently got their 3cd collection called Baklengs Mot Stupet and have only so far listened to Curse of Mankind and As the Wolves Gather but I'm highly impressed.

Anyway, I'm just wondering why there doesn't seem to be more fans of theirs about. Also, anyone heard any Joyless (the band that was formed from Forgotten Woods)? Are they any good?

If I remember right, that boxset also HAVE some Joyless-stuff on it.

I really like Forgotten Woods, altought I don't have As The Wolves Gather (what I'm looking as original cd and also all vinyls).

moose, is it still great stuff? :loco:

is it straight burzum worship? im thinking of buying the 3CD thingy....still

the first record is, more or less... but the stuff on "The Curse of Mankind" can't really be called that. It's better thought out and more inventive.

Any chance of some uploads? Wanted to hear this band for ages.

As a matter of fact, THR has just re-released a MCD of theirs and provides us with a sample:

http://thr.horde.se/sounds/Sjelavnatten.mp3

THR said:
This album was released on a MCD in 1995 and has been sold out since a very long time. To honour this forgotten album I together with Forgotten Woods did plans for a re-issue which now is at hand.Featured on this album is the three original tracks as well as two previously unheard tracks which are taken from rehearsal tracks that has only been in the hands of the band previous to this.

I was so dissapointed with the new FW material, that I even decided to trade the old ones away.

I am listening to As the Wolves Gather, at the moment, and it's fucking awesome. I'll have to check out The Curse of Mankind soon.

The cover to the new album really makes me not want to check it out. I'm surprised I missed this thread when it was bumped.

I was so dissapointed with the new FW material, that I even decided to trade the old ones away.

hahaha that happened to me with Opeth too (from Blackwater Park anyway). Silly way of reasoning but hey... the bands bring it upon themselves sometimes :p

So I guess I better not check Forgotten Woods's new material, because I damn intend to keep their older stuff close at hand. The Curse of Mankind is one of the best mid-90's Norwegian BM releases, yet utterly disregarded by most.