Format C: For Cortex

back then, swedes were still eating wolf meat and dressing in wolf skin. i seriously doubt they had any philosopher. you know, culture was born around the mediterranean, your countries are just too cold for comfort.

Hah. The first representative democracy in the world was conceived by the vikings. And the weak Meditteraneans were instantly subdued by christianity. Our Northern ancestors fought and raided the christians for countless centuries. YOU are weak.

As for Format C: For Cortex, I think it has some of the best lyrics on DD and quite a nice melody, but I think the album has some much better tracks too. It's too slow for my taste.

Originally posted by Ormir
Our Northern ancestors fought and raided the christians for countless centuries. YOU are weak.

in the vein of "my dad can beat the shit out of your dad", i'd like to remind you that the vikings converted to christianity in a relatively effortless -- although by no means bloodless, lots of torturing being involved -- manner. after this they decided that it would be fun to make a crusade to finland and convert them too... which they tried to do for 300 years -- getting many a royal ass-kicking in the process -- until finally succeeding.

nyar nyar ;-)

oh, but finland is always out of the question, we all should know that by now. :lol:

hyena

Originally posted by Ormir

Hah. The first representative democracy in the world was conceived by the vikings.
Hah. When? I thought it was a greek concept in the first place, but maybe i'm wrong ;)

Originally posted by Ziller

in the vein of "my dad can beat the shit out of your dad", i'd like to remind you that the vikings converted to christianity in a relatively effortless -- although by no means bloodless, lots of torturing being involved -- manner.
While greeks were smart enough to accept it with their free will, sparing themselves the bloodshed :D

Edit: added quote and reply to Ziller

siren is right, democracy chronologically started out in greece. and since i'm not greek, no, my dad is not going to beat the shit out of your aged grand-granddads either. :p

rahvin.

and by the way, why should a disciple of the dark one (tm) endorse representative democracy? you know "universal suffrage" has nowt to do with suffering :lol:

hyena