FP10 (and Vista) Problem

M.Lehto

Jun 25, 2002
I got a new laptop with Vista and also a FP10 (Firepod). I've installed the drivers and the blue light on the machine is on, but I can't hear the sound from MediaPlayer, altought I can see, that sound is on as the level-meter is going up and down. I've used headphones connected to FP10 so far, as I haven't got time to install the monitors yet.

FP10 is a bit strange, as it doesn't really have a control panel, so how can I choose what outputs it should use etc? Of course this should be easy in Cubase (I haven't manage to install it yet, so I haven't tested), but I'd like to use this for the normal use also.

EDIT - Could that lead to problems, that I didn't fix the integrated soundcard off from Bios, but only from devices in Vista.

click on your volume control on the bottom right of your screen, click mixer and then devices, select it here and it should work

I've never had to disable onboard sound with my firepod. Do you have your monitors plugged into the main cr outputs?

I don't have monitors plugged in yet, just got this and the laptop last evening, so I haven't been able to try other than headphones so far.

I think I'll try with the latest drivers tonight and if that doesn't work, I install Cubase and see if I can get sound out of that one.

I know you have probably already checked, but make sure the "Mixer" knob is turned to "playback" and not "inputs." Also check to see if the firepod is set as the default audio device for all audio playback.

Ok, so updating the drivers from 2.44 to 2.46 fixed the problem it seems. Now I can hear what's going on.