Fractal guy trashing UM forum

Are you sure it's CK? I think there was one guy that did something with EQ matching but worse than CK. He was on forum pretty long time to know that there are way more better engineers than himself and that "..core" comment was straight from ass, since all I heard from CK tracks was pretty much ...core.

michael-jackson-eating-popcorn-o.gif

Shit, you mean that's not the done thing around here?!?

Let me pack my bags :lol:

Right there with ya buddy! Let me wrap all my belongings in a towel.

Seriously though, imho this might just be the most pleasant metal/audio forum on the internet (at least the Sneap section, not familiar with the other ones). I have been visiting for about 6 years and been an active member for 3+, and I can't remember ever having trouble with anyone.
If anything, people have been extremely helpful and responsive to questions. Too bad not everyone feels that way.

And the genres I generally mix are ambient, post-rock and blackish metal, so that core thing is just a generalization.

Clark Kent has problems... Sometimes I imagine him working on my profession... A lawyer... Imagine the size of his hemorrhoids when losing a debate

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-f...-their-axe-fx-ii-counterparts.html#post969029
If none of this works then perhaps the product isn't for you. It is what it is. It is not a tube amp, it's the closest digital product available though. And I say this having compared every digital solution available. I've compared the 11R, KPA, HD500, etc. and the Axe-Fx comes closest to the real thing. The 11R with the right IRs can come pretty close (but you can't load IRs into it so it's an awkward solution) but I can still pick it out 80% of the time or more. In A/B tests I can pick the KPA out every time. It has a signature to the distortion and pick attack that differs greatly from the real amps. I have had no luck getting the HD500 to sound like the real amp.

Sounds like the CEO has better ears than some big name producers picking out the kemper.....yikes.
Would be an interesting experiment to put up some awesome kemper clips on the fractal forum saying they are axe-fx II and later reveal its the kemper .

Sounds like the CEO has better ears than some big name producers picking out the kemper.....yikes.
Would be an interesting experiment to put up some awesome kemper clips on the fractal forum saying they are axe-fx II and later reveal its the kemper .
why would you expect the CEO to say anything different?

and about the experiment: why even care to waste your time on something like that?
Live and let live man. Let them do whatever they want, pick the tool that's most useful and best sounding to your ears and then make some killer music with it. Whining/bashing/trolling on the inet won't help you with that.
Not that freaking difficult I think.

I liked this post in the thread of the OP though:

"Well, I'm not really sure there is a 'worse' or better in regards to IRs, as it depends 100% on the context and mix. I understand they're supposed to be mix ready, but what worries me about that is no mix is the same. Mix ready IRs seem like the equivalent of using presets for mixing and mastering which is just...eh. Unpolished is a good thing for IRs (imo), for recording, because you can sculpt later on. "

Just a pitty IRs don't take a lot of EQ too well, so applying the processing before the convolution might be the better work around this after all.

Who the fuck cares about what people says about certain forum? I don't see the point of this thread.

Likewise.

Moreover, this debate about the quality of amp modellers, IRs, tone-matching etc. is completely over-stated. Nobody outside of guitarist and production circles actually cares. If you manage to make yourself or your record sound good, it doesn't matter what type of street cred your gear is toting. Forum dwellers get way too caught up on irrelevant minutia.

Likewise.

Moreover, this debate about the quality of amp modellers, IRs, tone-matching etc. is completely over-stated. Nobody outside of guitarist and production circles actually cares. If you manage to make yourself or your record sound good, it doesn't matter what type of street cred your gear is toting. Forum dwellers get way too caught up on irrelevant minutia.

Irrelevant minutia should be a sub forum all it's own. :lol: Unfortunatley it finds it's way into far to many useful topics... this wasn't one of them.