Framus vs. Engl vs. Marshall

cobrahead1030 said:
what splawn do you have? i think i'm gonna pick up a new quickrod next year

Honestly, I don't know but will find out tonight. I know it sounds great.

Suicide_As_Alibi said:
What do you think of it (assuming you've had a chance to play with it)? And has it burst into a firey ball of death yet? :p I like what I've heard of the Divinity, but their reputation is so bad it puts me off forking out for one.

Steve

I have not heard the Madison yet. From what I heard from my partner, the amp sounds really good. I'll try to fire it up this week.

It seems they will approve about anybody for an endorsement as long as you're on a "label".

MKS said:
I have not heard the Madison yet. From what I heard from my partner, the amp sounds really good. I'll try to fire it up this week.

It seems they will approve about anybody for an endorsement as long as you're on a "label".
thats what i dont get, how does a studio get an endorsement?

MKS said:
Yeah, after merging with another studio. Also,

Madison
Rivera
Splawn
(2) Framus Cobras
Dual Rect
And some overhauled Marshall that was owned by Al Petrilli

that's it? o_O

gotta love randy. his splawn sounds killer live.

MKS said:

I was chatting with Brian from If Hope Dies and they are endorced by these guys. He likes them, I am trying to get him to let me give it a go. It is kind of a pain in the ass to find these though. If it sounded good enough I might be willing to go to PA to get one though ;)

GuitarGodgt said:
I was chatting with Brian from If Hope Dies and they are endorced by these guys. He likes them, I am trying to get him to let me give it a go. It is kind of a pain in the ass to find these though. If it sounded good enough I might be willing to go to PA to get one though ;)

Yeah, I think they sound great - but everywhere I see them mentioned (including here) I hear horror stories about their build quality and reliability, which for me is a huge issue because I wouldn't be able to replace it for a looooong time.

Steve

The ORIGINAL South Of Heaven said:
Randy's?

I'd DEFINITELY like to stop out some time and check it out, but Guitar Center owns my life and I never have any free time, except on my bands practice days. Weekends are IMPOSSIBLE to get off. I guess I do still have some free studio time when me and Bobby won that contest though:heh:

I will still honor that!

Ok, I heard the Madison last night. That's a really good sounding amp. I haven't heard the overhauled Marshall or the Rivera yet but so far I will list the amps in order I like best (distortion):

1. Framus Cobra
2. Splawn Quick Rod
3. Madison
4. Dual Rectifier - 5150 = Tie ( I go back and forth)

I will note that the Framus and Madison have lovely clean tones.

i've heard really bad things about the build quality of the madisons, a friend of mine also said he had some major problems with his

i've never owned one tho...just saying beware on that one; i know rocksolid amps used to carry them and stopped doing so around the time that word about the problems they had were getting around...maybe madison has it worked out now tho